276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Thai Fresh Yam Bean Jicama (Man Kaew) Exotic Root Vegetable

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In my experience, one tennis ball sized tuber per plant, which makes it uneconomical unless you start many plants from seed.

You can slice it into chips and dehydrate it, freeze it, or find a simple recipe and pickle the jicama. But it seems every time I find it, if I look closely, I see that the vegetable has a bit of mold on it. Root rot is a fungal disease that causes the roots to become sunken and deformed and can even hinder the growth of the vine.

Mature jicama vines can grow up to 20 feet tall, though most who grow it will keep it cut back to maintain the size. To grow jicama from seed, you can either place the seeds directly in the ground or start them in containers indoors. Make sure you save a few to eat fresh in a stir-fry or sprinkled with chile and lime for a yummy snack!

If you need them for later, your best bet is to put them in water but still, you shouldn’t leave them for more than a couple of hours.Jicama does not tolerate soggy soil, but it does require consistent waterings that prevent the soil from drying out. While this is highly individual and not applicable to everyone, you shouldn’t overuse with these artichokes in the first few tries. Since the jicama plant can take up to 5 to 9 months to mature, you will want to wait the appropriate amount of time to harvest or you could end up with tubers that are tiny. My stepdaughter and her husband have a juicery here in Salt Lake City,Utah, which uses jicama quite successfully.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment