276°
Posted 20 hours ago

1 x Gas & Electric Utility Meter Box Key - Durable Black Plastic Triangle Key. Easy access to utility meters. Fits most gas & electric meters. Ideal for gas & electric meter covers & boxes.

£1.235£2.47Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Life before my gas meter key was empty, like something crucial was missing and I couldn't quite place what it was. For years I searched for that illusive ingredient, that one thing that would bring sense to the world. Smart meters are a simple way to take control. They’re currently being rolled out across the country, and more than half of households in Great Britain already have one.

Do you have a Power of Attorney? MoneySavingExpert.com founder Martin Lewis explains how this crucial protection works, why it's more important than a will, and how to get one in the latest episode of ITV's The Martin Lewis Money Show Live. We’re all on the lookout for clever ways to manage the household bills. That means finding the best value – and taking steps to help you feel more in control of your spending, helping you spend smarter. Sometimes you just really need to get into your gas or electric meter box and when that can't happen your day really goes down the pan. Fortunately I am now the proud owner of a yellow gas meter key and I have to say it's turned my life around. How long it would last in regular use I am not sure; if I were using it every day then I'd probably look for a metal device but as they are so cheap I'm going to buy more of these and attach one to the door of each cabinet so their use will be relatively infrequent. How long it would last in regular use I am not sure; if I were using it every day then I'd probably look for a metal device but as they are so cheap I'm going to buy more of these and attach one to the door of each cabinet so their use will be relatively infrequent. It's rather difficult to review a simple device such as this but I'll try!

MSE News

We’ve taken some small steps to try to reduce our spending [...] like requesting a smart meter from our energy supplier. I opened ... Read more Sometimes you just really need to get into your gas or electric meter box and when that can't happen your day really goes down the pan. Fortunately I am now the proud owner of a yellow gas meter key and I have to say it's turned my life around. NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Ulster Bank, which are all part of the NatWest Group, will now shut at least 172 of their bank branches in 2023 and 2024. Just like the meters you already have in your home, smart meters record how much gas or electricity you use. But with a smart meter, your gas and electricity readings are automatically sent directly and securely to your energy supplier. That means no more meter readings. Saving money with a smart meter That means you can plan ahead, with a more accurate idea of how much your bill will be. It could also help you make small changes around the home to use less energy, which could save you money too.

Martin Lewis: Do you have a Power of Attorney? It’s crucial protection – not just for the elderly – and more important than a will

Saving money with a smart meter

The grip is slightly more flexible than I had expected although this may well prevent it snapping when called on to open or close a particularly stiff mechanism especially in cold weather when plastic tends to become brittle. Smart meters also come with an in-home display, sometimes called an IHD, which shows at a glance how much energy you’re using and what it’s costing you daily, weekly or monthly. NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank to close at least 172 branches in 2023/24 – here's the full list, plus alternatives

The in-home display is really useful in showing me exactly how much I am spending. Even if we can’t save much right now, we can still keep an eye on the costs, which is a big help.”

How to get a smart meter

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment