276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Loyalty: The brand new novel from the bestselling author

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not sure what anyone else has been reading, but there was no suspense, no drama, and anyone should be able to work out who the perpetrator is by about half way through the book. I started by liking this book. I thought it had potential. A good little investigation. Oh! I was wrong.

I admit I bought the book because of the intriguing cover and because Martina seems to be a famous author, so I gave her a shot. This is all such a shame from such a well respected author and I have read Martina Cole books previously and enjoyed them. Ultimately you believe the story is about that fierce loyalty of family but sometimes pride and jealously can be the strongest emotion. Any issues with the book list you are seeing? Or is there an author or series we don’t have? Let me know! Brilliant absolute genius I am gripped by every book and can’t put it down. Read every book more than once and still gripped. Keep them coming they are really gripping. Thank you Reply

Publication Order of Non-Fiction Books

It was worth the wait & I didn't see the twists & turns coming & getting to the end made me emotional for some reason.

At Holly Brookes Children's Home, the two girls unite in the face of horrific abuse and form an unbreakable bond of loyalty. Example - every time Pat Kelly meets up with Danny “boy” we’re told how much Danny looks up to Pat an how he’s old school, around 10 times maybe more. The same with Margaret, yes ok we get it she’s a computer whizz kid but why does it have to be talked about 20 times ?!? Christine has always understood this about her husband; it was one of the things that first attracted her to him. I really can't think why anyone would want to read this, unless it's for the vicarious thrill of observing violent and unpleasant people.Whoa! Have I read a different novel that this one users rated 3 stars with? This book is horrible! I managed to read 25% of this book and decided that it's not getting better. Betrayal is purely and simply the everyday story of criminal folk, from 1981 until 2016. They are a large East End family, headed by Reeva, a fiery Irishwoman, who has five sons and one daughter, all by different fathers, and all of mixed blood.

This is probably the worst book I have ever read. The writing was completely awful, there was no character development, and the only suspense and mystery in the whole book was completely predictable by the end of the first 10 chapters (which is not kind of bad, considering it's 156 chapters long and it's marketed as a suspense/thriller novel). I was only thrilled when it was over. Excels at school but instead of academics, Aiden is taken under the wing of his mother's boyfriend Tony and is introduced to Eric Palmer a legend in East and South London and a reputation not to mess with.His is also very much a family man. He worships his old mum; he takes care of his siblings who help run his business empire in Southend; he dotes on his two young sons who will one day take over the reins. And then there's his wife and saviour Christine, whom he loves with a vengeance. This is just on the verge of being unreadable. While the start was promising, it all just devolves into a repetitive and predictable tract. Who the killer is hardly a mystery...they are the only suspect. It is a BIG book .. with so many details that take you deeper into each charachter.. i loved how she managed to get me into those people to understand their decisions and why they behave that way because she gave the proper introductions to their lives.. With the return of some of her best-loved characters and lashings of her usual grit, Cole fans will lap this up' Heat

One of the initial novels written by Martina Cole was called ‘The Runaway’. It was published in the year 1997 by the Headline publishing house. The plot of the novel revolves around the lives of the main characters Eamonn Docherty and Cathy Connor. In the opening sequence of the novel, the main characters Eamonn Docherty and Cathy Connor are thrown on the streets of London’s sleazy East End and they are left to be on their own. Having grown up as the child of a prostitute, Cathy’s life becomes miserable, which leads to a disturbing ordeal as she does not have any other choice or anywhere else to go. On attempting to run away from her miserable life, she is rescued by Desrae who teaches her how to survive in the society of the criminal underworld. Meanwhile, Eamonn leaves for America along with his father and after some time he becomes one of the deadliest villains of New York. It is believed that when the paths of both of them will cross, they will be a perfect match for each other and it is only a matter of time before this happens. Cathy is beautiful, tough and clever and Eamonn is strong and powerful. Hence, if the two meet they are not going to run away again and will hopefully lead a happy life. But there is another side to Phillip, and it's a side he never wanted his wife to see. Though, even if she did, could she do anything but stand by him? Because Phillip has rules, and he expects loyalty from his nearest and dearest. you can say that this is a good book–if mafia stories written on wattpad by 11-year-olds are your standard. Another romp through the East End of London / Essex world of gangster families and the urban crime realities they live in. This tale centres round a completely ‘straight’ law abiding, naïve and inexperienced, but infatuated and brow-beaten at home by a domineering mother, teenager marrying one of the most deadly criminals of his generation. Loyalty is everything and even more so when it's family, anything else will be the ultimate betrayal

Publication Order of Maura Ryan Books

BETRAYAL is the second book of Martina’s I have read (I read THE TAKE early last year) and I cannot wait to devour more of her titles. There’s something about the raw, grittiness of the worlds she creates that pulls you in and pops you right in the middle of it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment