276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brooks Women's Ghost 13 Sneaker

£65.84£131.68Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So, if it’s reliability you want and you want a tried-and-tested shoe that you can get a ton of daily training miles out of, I think the Ghost is going to be a good bet for you. In its 14th iteration, you can’t go wrong in a shoe that has stood the test of time. In the toe box area, you also get a little more plastic underneath that mesh upper to provide some protection so your toes or any other outside materials don’t tear the upper in that region. I liked the fun 80’s style graphic overlays on the midfoot and rearfoot of the Ghost 13 more than the all-business style upper of the Ghost 12.

The Glycerin has a bit more softness to it and it feels a little bit more cushioned when you’re running. It’s a lot more enjoyable to run in it and it just feels like a really nice easy-run shoe that you can go a little bit faster in.

Brooks Ghost 13 Price Comparison

Out of the big five daily trainers which consists of the Pegasus, Cumulus, Ghost, Ride and 880, the Ghost 13 was the last to be released in 2020. I’ve been using the Brooks Ghost 14 over the last few weeks of marathon training. I’ve been using it for lots of fairly big mileage weeks and doing a lot of easy and steady running in it. I didn’t get a huge amount of bounce, rebound, or snap transitions from the Ghost. It’s all kind of solid cruiser.

The upper of the Ghost 13 is where Brooks has every other brand beat. It has a new soft engineered mesh which they are calling Air Mesh. The mesh upper of the Ghost 13 also felt softer and more stretchy than the stiffer upper of the Ghost 12. The heel counter is also less padded than the Ghost 12. The midsole is the biggest update or improvement from the Ghost 13 to the Ghost 14. While both shoes have a DNA Loft midsole, the Ghost 13’s midsole is 30% DNA Loft and the Ghost 14 is now 100% DNA Loft. I’ve run about 60k so far in the Ghost 14 and that’s varied between 10k training runs up to half marathon training runs with a bit of faster running thrown into those runs to see how it does over at higher speeds.

Alternative Running Shoes

And if you’ve never tried any kind of running shoes before, the Ghost is a great way to start just because it kind of gives you a taste of everything. There are three wide flex grooves which span the entire width of the shoe underneath the forefoot which results in a very flexible Ghost 13. The battle of the daily trainers is now more fierce than ever before. It’s such an important battle because a big chunk of a company’s shoe sales come from their mid-tier daily trainers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment