276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Small Batch Bakes: Baking cakes, cookies, bars and buns for one to six people: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER (Edd Kimber Baking Titles)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To get you all excited I wanted to share one of my favourites from the book, also one of the easiest, the raspberry cheesecake streusel bars. I’ve made many versions of this cake over the years, but always with an element of citrus to brighten and balance the sweetness in the recipe. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a frozen dessert; I’m of the firm belief that ice cream is an all weather affair.

Edd Kimber: ‘Baking is the little luxury we can still afford’ Edd Kimber: ‘Baking is the little luxury we can still afford’

The cake also has a surprise up its sleeve; when whole it will resemble a very simple pound cake with a little white chocolate glaze, but when sliced the secret is revealed. At this point, the tahini mixture will be loose and glossy, so if you attempt to roll the dough up now it will be very messy, therefore, allow the mixture to sit for a couple of minutes until it goes a little tackier and loses its shine (don’t leave this too long though, because the filling will eventually set, meaning it won’t stick to the dough when it’s rolled). It offers accessible, easy bakes that are perfect for singles, small households, students or anyone who likes to bake a lot. One of the reasons I agreed to be Wilfa’s ambassador was that I was really taken with how well built and how powerful their equipment is, and that of course stands true for the hand mixer.This book is a peek inside the mind of one of my favorite bakers, where creativity with butter and sugar is paired with solid technique and downright fun. There’s a single large “emergency” chocolate chip cookie, two (four-inch) tarte tatins, strawberries-and-cream eclairs for four, a six-inch chocolate layer cake with dulce de leche buttercream that’s meant to serve six. The word patisserie make us think of impossibly complicated recipes that can only be carried out by the most talented pastry chefs, but Edd Kimber wants to change that. The prunes are soaked in tea or just water – if you want you can even add some rum or brandy to the liquid you soak the prunes in, and you make these little cakes and they’re covered with a bit of demerara sugar. Ever want to bake a recipe but find the ingredient list–“6 eggs; 3 cups of flour; 2 sticks of butter– daunting?

Small Batch Bakes from the Boy Who Bakes - Williams Sonoma Taste Small Batch Bakes from the Boy Who Bakes - Williams Sonoma Taste

Mix together to form a shaggy dough, then tip onto a work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.Remove and leave to cool for five minutes, then carefully turn out and put on a wire rack to cool completely. Using the Wilfa Smooth Mix Hand Mixer mix together until the almond paste is broken down into a fine breadcrumb like mixture. It is a brilliant ingredient and well worth tracking down for the occasions you want to make a version of this cake. So going out to a restaurant might be prohibitively expensive for some people at the moment, but making a simple dessert at home might be that little luxury we can still afford,” he adds.

Small Batch Bakes by Edd Kimber | Cookbook Corner | Nigella

Making this cake normally requires a stand mixer, the almond paste needs breaking down with the sugar to create a breadcrumb like texture and this takes quite a bit of power, not something many hand mixers could handle.On arriving back home I tried out the idea immediately, before my bags were even unpacked, with the memory or Uri’s version still fresh in my mind. To get you salivating, here’s Edd’s ridiculously hunger-inducing recipe for the love child of snickerdoodles and cheesecake: snickerdoodle cheesecake bars.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment