276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kodak Portra 400 35m 36exp Film Professional 5 Pack

£44.125£88.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Again, with my trip to the badlands, it’s a place that’s not exactly known for it’s vibrant and lively colors, so Portra 400 was perfect. I don’t want anyone thinking that you need top end equipment to get solid results from a beautiful film like Portra, because that just isn’t true and my goal is to never make people feel as though gear make the image.

KODAK Portra 400 Professional ISO 400, 35mm, 36 Exposures KODAK Portra 400 Professional ISO 400, 35mm, 36 Exposures

You’ve just picked up a new film camera – you’ve watched all the tutorials on how to use it, and you’re now on the hunt for some fresh film to load into it. The reality is, though, that if I wanted to, it would be easy to get the same tones with either film. The 800 speed also provides great exposure latitude, allowing you to shoot a stop or two either over- or underexposed, along with accommodating high shutter speeds, letting you capture action and movement. Sorry for all the questions but I really like that retro, grainy washed-out look that I can only seem to emulate so far on my X-T20! I first tried auto-white-balance (with a white balance shift of +2 Red and -5 Blue), and I got good results a few times and not good results a bunch of times.

The 2010 Portra offers better scanning performance with better contrast and color saturation for digital printing, while the previous NC and VC versions were designed with darkroom printing in mind. I like black and white as depending on how you develop the film you can make some nice high contrast images with a broad dynamic range.

Is Kodak Portra 400 Right For Me? - The Analogue Experience Is Kodak Portra 400 Right For Me? - The Analogue Experience

Grain is only prominent in low light settings, or if you plan to shoot at a higher speed than 800 (i.You might remember that this Kodak Porta 400 v2 recipe was mentioned in the Kyle McDougall preset comparison article. So if you’re looking for a gorgeous color film for prints or digital scans, and if you’re looking for a film that can handle almost any shooting situation without compromising image quality, Portra 400 just may be the film for you. You might think a film designed for shooting portraits and weddings and the like would be a bit sterile for street photography. As for pushing film, pushing is when you rate the film HIGHER than the box speed and then have it pushed in development to compensate for the underexposure. For years, professional photographers have preferred KODAK PROFESSIONAL PORTRA Films because of their consistently smooth, natural reproduction of the full range of skin tones.

How to Shoot Kodak Portra 400 Film » Shoot It With Film How to Shoot Kodak Portra 400 Film » Shoot It With Film

That first picture of the blue buildings in the snow, is either pushed or (more likely) edited with software.

The 400 speed makes it Portra’s all-purpose contender, as it’s ISO is low enough to mitigate grain but high enough for shooting in low light. I’ll be completely honest, when I first started getting into film, I wasn’t even interested in Kodak. Luckily enough, the small m43 camera that I use seems to average meter these scenes flawlessly and so does the cell phone metering app that I have. Because of this, I’m drawn to the richer films like Fuji Superia, Ektar, and even Gold and Ultramax.

Kodak Portra 400 Film Simulation Recipe My Fujifilm X100F Kodak Portra 400 Film Simulation Recipe

I assume, since I never shot them, that it’s like they took the differing attributes of the NC and VC versions and somehow got them to work together. This film really shines with skin tones, but definitely don’t knock it for landscape and settings because it’ll knock your socks off with how awesome it is! Portra 400 is designed for use by professionals, who need a cleaner look and reliability so that they can choose the look of the final image. The yellow tints can sometimes be added as you push this film, but please don’t let this deter you from pushing this film!There isn’t a huge difference between the different Portra 400 films, but there are small distinctions as they each have a slightly varied look. I don’t have time to do a film run through before the wedding so will take the Lumix as back-up( I get good 10×8’s on this digital camera) Doing my youngest son’s wedding . Add some fancy emulsion technology that helps with the sharpness to that world’s finest grain at 400 speed and you can see why Portra is such a flagship product for Kodak. It’s well know that overcast it’s really the best conditions for color landscape photography, however depending on the scene you can still make it work.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment