276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The OmniShelf Magnetic Portable Workstation + Toolbox, Computer & Laptop Stand, Multimeter Case, Utility Shelf w/ 40 lb Capacity, Hands Free Workstation Attaches to HVAC, Trucks & More (5 Count)

£456.13£912.26Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The new MagBench Utility version is designed with two large holes for drills, wrenches and large tools and six smaller holes to hold screw drivers and other hand tools. There is also a recessed area in the center to retain screws fittings and other hardware. The first commercially made magnetic laptop shelf / utility shelf that I ever saw was The Utilishelf, then MagBench and just recently I have seen The Omnishelf. I know several coworkers who own both the Utilishelf and Magbench and are happy with them. The Omnishelf has the unique feature of also being a case you can store your laptop, tools and material in.

The OmniShelf Magnetic Portable Workstation + Toolbox

I glued them on the first prototype then mechanicaly fastened (bolted some, screwed others) and glued on following models as can be seen in this video: https://youtu.be/RYzeIt-HlEs one issue to be concerned about, is my moving the magnets around, you could magnetize the chassis or any Ferrous metals, and for example the opening and closing of the lid could cause issues on a Drive. I like to use these cutting boards because they are light weight, inexpensive, durable, readily available and most of all suite the task perfectly. Its gonna get jelly around 32. Wide Hinge Model Yeah, why not? Beverage Shelf? Flat & Recessed Top Models David Luther got Model # 001 Andrew Sauer Magnetic Shelf #006 In Connor MacLeod voiceI have a newer model that is better and easier to build though. See short demo here: https://www.kevingittemeier.com/totalelement-magnets/ Omnishelf isn’t just a beautiful and unique-looking briefcase; it’s a magnetic shelf for laptops, tools, and important documents. Effectively, it’s a mobile desk solution for technicians in all industries that gives technicians a workspace wherever they are. After showing a co-worker my homemade diy laptop stand I was shown his commercially available portable computer workstation by Utilishelf, which was pretty nice but a little large for my purpose. Perhaps in the future Utilishelf will make a smaller more compact version portable laptop table. I wanted a Countersunk Flat Head fastener so the machine screws would be flush with top of the board. I chose M4 – 0.70 Flat Head Countersunk Machine Screws because it’s a readily available fastener size available in the different lengths I required. After researching all sorts of board options (too much research), I found cutting boards to be the simplest and best option. I also use these as panels to mount electronics.

Portable DIY Magnetic Laptop Shelf for Elevator Industry Portable DIY Magnetic Laptop Shelf for Elevator Industry

On the original magnetic laptop shelf I used two Mainstays 11” x 14.5” Poly Cutting Boards, a 12” piano hinge, Glow in the Dark Paracord and scavenged Hard Drive Magnets.DIY Compact Portable Magnetic Laptop Shelf Build Instructions Magnetic Push Pins for Elevator Rope Covers. Anything is possible but practically, no. Remember powerful magnets are in hard drives but fields are shunted. Just don’t store the laptop shelf magnet side touching the laptop (likely would still be fine but just to be on safe side). Store it cutting board side towards laptop. I will make an edit fully explaining the magnetic shielding, concerns etc later today but it’s important to use the magnets I specify and alternate poles. How To Build a simple inexpensive portable DIY magnetic laptop computer shelf or laptop work station. This prototype magnetic shelf was designed and built to be light and compact for easy transport for field use in the elevator industry (IUEC). Elevator Tools. This DIY Compact Portable Magnetic Laptop Shelf (Magnetic Utility Shelf Computer Workstation) was designed to be light and compact for easy transport and use in the elevator industry (IUEC).

Magnetic Laptop Mount : 6 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables Magnetic Laptop Mount : 6 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables

This DIY Portable Magnetic Laptop Shelf (Laptop Work Station) was designed to be light and compact for easy transport for field use in the elevator industry (IUEC). I did an online search for utilishelf and also found another company Magbench Portable Work Bench which was more compact (similar to mine) but may not be as rugged and strong as the utilishelf. They both look like good products though if you dont want build one. See info below.

Mainstay Poly Cutting Board 11″ x 14.5″ (Dexas NSF Polysafe is the same board): https://amzn.to/3bbfMm3 This is one of three designs I plan to build. This was the simplest, fastest and least expensive to build but my least favorite design. How To Build a Magnetic Laptop Shelf Simple & Inexpensive:

The OmniShelf Portable Workstation, Toolbox, Laptop Stand

Version 1 took me nearly 20 years to complete when I found the half started project while cleaning my basement and finally finished it. Version 2 had been in my head for years but took that long to find the proper hinges. The MagBench Standard is designed for laptop computers and for use with applications that require extra space for tools and test instruments. With the unique design of Gray Marine board and Stainless Steel hardware, it can handle those tough tasks in all-weather conditions. The Standard version is also incredibly strong and it can support up to 50 lbs. The MagBench Standard Workstation can be installed on any steel surface in seconds with just two simple steps; place the MagBench Workstation against the steel surface and fold down the front panel. It’s that easy! MagBench Utility (MBU) MAGNETIC PORTABLE WORK BENCH The MagBench Standard is designed for laptop computers and for use with applications that require extra space for tools and test instruments. With the unique design of Gray Marine board and Stainless Steel hardware, it can handle those tough tasks in all-weather conditions. The Standard version is also incredibly strong and it can support up to 50 lbs. The MagBench Standard Workstation can be installed on any steel surface in seconds with just two simple steps; place the MagBench Workstation against the steel surface and fold down the front panel. It’s that easy!The Mainstay Cutting Board has a recessed top and flat bottom. You can chose to face either side up and I have done both. After using both I preferred the recessed side up to better hold material including hardware, pens , flashlights etc. UtiliShelf® in the Field UtiliShelf® works for every industry that demands workers be sent out into the field. From electric metering to oil rigs – and beyond – here are some of the ways our customers are using UtiliShelf® : Portable Desk & Writing Station: Because when you’re in the field, you don’t have a desk. Portable Magnetic Tool & Testing Station: UtiliShelf® can hold up to 15 pounds of tools and testing equipment, while being light enough to grab and go. Portable Computer Workstation: No, there isn’t an app for that. Sometimes you just need a computer in the field. And UtiliShelf® provides a great, productive space for it. See also some variations: DIY Magnetic Laptop Shelf Variations & Improvements for Elevator Industry (IUEC) On subsequent models I used the same two cutting boards but instead of one 12” hinge I used two Everbilt 2-1/2” x 1-9/16” Hinges (any similar hinge will work). In place of paracord I used Loos Stainless Steel 302/304 Wire Rope Nylon Coated 1/16” OD which I liked much better and rather than hard drive magnets we used several different cup and bar pot magnets and found the CMS Rectangular Pot Magnets worked best in conjunction with 16lb Ceramic Cup Magnets at the bottom (see second video titled DIY Magnetic Laptop Shelf Variations and Improvements…. ) Now drill your marks with a 9/64″ drill bit then use a countersink bit to countersink the hole for the bolt heads, or use a countersink drill bit combo, whichever you have or prefer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment