276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fender Champion 40 Combo Amplifier

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For some larger items which need to be delivered upstairs - including pianos, we offer a timed delivery service using our own van and drivers. This service is free on some items and chargeable on others. Call us on 01323 639335 to discuss your specific delivery requirements. watts of Power: At 40 watts, you’ll have an amplifier that you can both practice on alone and also jam on with your bandmates. We played a Strat through it and with very little adjustment of the sound from the guitar the Fender Champion 40 went through a range of sound possibilities.

It is also worth mentioning that this combo tends to be pretty loud. As a result, it can be efficiently used for home practice, band rehearsals and even small gigs. Fender Champion 40 is a solid-state amp designed for the most demanding guitarists out there. It’s a really versatile and affordable piece of gear that can be used by pretty much all musicians out there. In fact, it’s one of the most popular amps manufactured by Fender!

Warranty Info

Firstly, this is a solid-state amp, so it will never be as responsive to touch as an expensive tube amp. It’s not necessarily a disadvantage, but if you’re looking for a really unique tube-like tone, the Champion 40 may not be the best choice for you. This amplifier features digital amplifier modeling encompassing a variety of amp types old and new, U.S. and U.K., and more. From classic Fender amp sounds to modern designs voiced for specific styles (i.e., metal), it’s just like having several amps in one. The Champion range from Fender is a great entry point into the world of guitar amplifiers.You get a dedicated solid-state clean channel that remains clean at all volumes. Additionally, the amps are loaded with a great set of overdrive and distortion tones, along with excellent Reverb, delay, and modulation effects. For the price, the Champion range is a great choice over more complex modeling amplifiers like the Fender Mustang or GT (see my review) range. One of the best alternatives to the Champion 40 is Champion 50XL. I had a chance to review the Fender Champion 50XL recently, and I have to say, it was a lot of fun to use. The major difference is the 50s’ new visual paired with a selection of new effects. These new effects suit players looking for a better overdrive or distortion tone without using pedals. Fender upgraded the speaker in the 50XL to a Celestion Midnight 60 G12N-60, and it’s a welcomed upgrade over the old generic Fender speakers found in other amps. HiWatt, also in London, and previously known as Sound City, followed. And the music scene for those making a lot of noise became focused on what the Brits were producing.

Note: If you have a copy of an old Fender Guitar Amplifier owner's manual not shown in this archive, we'd love to have a copy to post here. A PDF would be great, or even a scanned JPEG, GIF or TIFF that we can convert. It is a solid-state amp which some purists will look down at, but because it is made by Fender, you can expect this amp will have no shortage of style, power, clarity, and dynamic definition. Definitely. It is a great amplifier, clean and crisp but with sound options on board that give a whole variety of choices. It excels in so many ways that we were struggling to find anything negative to say about it at all to add a bit of balance.The fiberboard that encircles the speaker is sturdy and stable. The important point to note here is that the dimensions of the wood surrounding the speaker fitting have not been decreased to save weight, as some manufacturers do. If this portion of the fitting is not secure, speaker movement inside the cabinet will cause damage over time. This will either damage the sound, create internal movement in the speaker, or, in the worst-case scenario, cause the speaker to become disconnected from its fitting and chase you around the stage. Even if you are in Spinal Tap, this is not a good situation. In my opinion, the Champion 20 works better as an amp for home practice, while the Champion 40 is better for small gigs and rehearsals with the band. Clean channel is crisp enough, and clear - includes a treble and bass control, so there's flexibility in altering the tone to one's contempt. Can range from crisp clear, to fat and bluesy without much effort. A diverse palette of effects, including delay time and tremolo Speed, that can easily be set with the TAP button to match the song's tempo. Controls: Channel 1: Volume, Channel 2: Gain, Volume, Voice. Master: Treble, Bass, FX Level, FX Select, TAP

Yes, the Fender Champion 40 has Reverb. The difference with this Champion over other amplifiers is that Reverb is one of the many effects you can add thanks to the dedicated FX Select dial. Unlike traditional tube amplifiers, the Champion 40s reverb circuit is digital. The reverb circuit was spring on older versions like the Champion 30 from the 90s, but they didn’t have all the built-in DSP (digital) effects like the modern versions. Champion 40 FX Selection Dial Welcome to my deep-dive review of the Fender Champion 40 electric guitar amplifier. I first tested this amplifier in 2014 and have tested every model until this year. My review will cover everything you need to learn about the Fender Champion 40 electric guitar amplifier. This review is not sponsored; all thoughts about this product are mine. It doesn’t come with a footswitch, although one can be bought separately, and this will enhance the amp’s performance. Just know that A 40-watt solid state is not loud as a 40-watt tube amplifier for a few reasons. Usually, solid-state amplifiers are loaded with lower-quality speakers than their tube or valve counterparts, which is no exception. it has some effects, but they are not great, so you should still look at some pedals (nevertheless, for beginners it's still pretty great)The main difference between these amps is the fact that the Champion 20 has just one channel, while the Champion 40 has two channels. This is a really important feature, because it gives you more versatility while playing live. The Champion 40 is also louder, but at the same time it’s not as portable as the Champion 20.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment