276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Favour: The gripping new thriller from an author 'at the top of British psychological suspense writing' (Observer)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You may ask yourself why TF would Jude do such a suspicious favour, but you'll learn that Jude is just a shell of a person. Her fiancé is even less convinced than DI Fox, and suddenly, that one decision turns her life upside down. In this unputdownable new thriller from the bestselling author duo behind House of Correction, a woman finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation after her first love suddenly turns up in her life asking for a favour – and shortly after turns up dead. The story was plodding and did not hold my attention but I did listen to the end but I found my self drifting.

Even readers who settle on the right perpetrator from the start are unlikely to deduce motive, and will likely be distracted by some convincing red herrings.I am still a fan of Nicci French even though I preferred other books she has written more than this one, which I would rate 3. A warm, unsentimental and beautifully-observed book for our times' Lucy Caldwell, author of These Days 'If I were in bother I'd want the Ballybrady bunch at my back. Come down the travelators, exit Sainsbury's, turn right and follow the pedestrianised walkway to Crown Walk and turn right - and Coles will be right in front of you. But here is Jude, bumbling her way from one disaster into the next and making one terrible decision after another.

Mysterious, tense, and forbidding, The Favour is an addictive thriller from veteran husband and wife writing team Nicci French. I found Jude to be a very frustrating character, and I wanted to shake her numerous times and shout at her to stop going found to 'that house'.I personally think many readers may not like her or find her irritating as her actions seem unbelievable (and silly even) as they don’t want to admit to themselves that perhaps that they would ever act like this.

I've read a lot of thrillers, my favorite genre, but have never come across one as inventive as this! You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Excels at depicting an ordinary life swept away by horror' Observer 'Fantastic - a breathless drumbeat of dread and suspense' Lee Child'Heart-thumping, head-scratching, nail-biting stuff: The Favour is classic Nicci French. In the early eighties she taught English Literature in Sheffield, London and Los Angeles, but moved into publishing in 1985 with the launch of Women's Review, a magazine for women on art, literature and female issues. She doesn’t help matters by becoming involved with those Liam left behind and though the warning signs are evident, Jude keeps charging in anyway.The main character acts out an existential crisis: Jude's engagement collapses, she's left her home, she's been put on stress leave from her job, and a dark secret from her past re-emerges.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment