276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wärmer System M10 x 15mm Copper Tap Tails for Monobloc, Basin and Sink Mixers,Tap Tails Connector for Mixer Taps,Flexible Tap Tails Replacement

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Armitage Shanks Contour 21+ Single Lever Basin Mixer Tap with c opper tails is an anti-vandal unit ideal for installation within any commercial or domestic space. It comes with extended lever handle making it particularly suitable for installation in any healthcare or disabled toilet room setting.

Once the tap is in the hole with the flat washer or mounting plate placed over the threaded bars, the steel washer can be slid into place also. If anyone's had a similar problem perhaps you could advise? Am I on the right lines... or getting a bit carried away? I don't want to fit the new tap only to find the flow is still poor. I'd also like to exhaust all other options before fitting a pump on the whole hot water system. The ideal arrangement is to have two pushfit elbows to connect the tails to horizontal pipes (and then to isovalves etc). With this arrangement any future replacement can be accomplished in about 15mins. The Intatherm safe touch thermostatic basin mixer tap, designed for both domestic and commercial applications. A new stylish design featuring Inta’s proven anti scald technology a safe touch body and a self draining spout. The image above shows the tap at the top with the connection tails at the bottom ready to receive the hot and cold feeds. The 10mm feed pipes screw into the underside of the tap and are then machined out to become 15mm copper tails ready for the connection of 15mm feeds.

There are no obvious restrictions being caused by the connecting pipework. I don't need to get it anything like mains pressure, but just enough improvement to avoid having to fit a pump. As it is now, I just measured a measly 1.71 l/m. Copper tails, which are narrower where they go through the tail, increasing to 15 mm at the pipework connection end. Less restrictive than flexis, but no as good as 15 mm pipes.

This WRAS approved product is manufactured from chrome-plated brass and has 15mm copper tails. Fitted with a 5 litre per minute flow regulator, this model offers excellent water-saving properties as well as a built-in self-draining spout to reduce the risk of bacterial growth from static water. Yes they will work fine providing you are careful not to unscrew the tail whilst tightening the compression. not when in a confined space or when the fittings end up situated side by side as when connecting to monobloc tails.These threaded bars should be fitted before dropping the tap through the hole in the basin. Only do them up as tight as you can by hand. If you use pliers or grips there is a danger you will damage the thread. Thanks, I appreciate the input. I didn't know that monoblocs were more restrictive than single taps. I have very low hot water pressure in my upstairs basin mixer tap. Being in a maisonette there is hardly any head height from the tank (about 0.8 metres). However there is decent enough flow from the bath tap (separate hot & cold taps) which only slightly lower (a further 0.4 metres). This has led me to conclude that whoever fitted the tap probably didn't choose one suitable for a low pressure system.

With the washer in place the nuts can now be tightened onto the threaded bar and this is where the DIY enthusiast struggles. Use a Box Spanner Stig, the copper tails that come with the monobloc taps are usually ribbed to allow easy bending by hand, which allows you to bend them into a position where the couplers are far enough apart, to tighten without a problem. This is the one place that I save my pushfit connectors for. If it is possible I use a pushfit to connect to the tail. If you're charging by the hour Seriously, installing sinks that are so thin they can't take a normal monobloc The larger two of these holes are for the feed pipes to be screwed in and the smaller two are where the threaded connection bars are screwed into.Finding a tap set genuinely capable of operating at very low pressure is your only hope without installing a pump. Ceramic insert (1/4 turn) taps have two ceramic discs inside, each with two diametrically opposed slots. The faces of the discs are grounds extremely flat so that they form a water tight seal. The slots each occupy just under 1/4 of the diameter of each disc, a little way in from the outside. When closed, the slots in the upper disc are covered by the unslotted portion of the lower disc, and no water flows. When open the slots of the upper and lower discs are in alignment, so water can flow through. However, the area through which the water can flow is much less than that offered by a traditional tap washer being raised off its flat seating, so flow rate is less. I always lavish a bit of care when screwing the tails into the monbloc. A little bit of silicon grease, screwing all the way in by hand and then a final tighten with the spanner. Some of then do not need much to decide to leak and if you have just soldered them in!!!!! The condemnation and imposition of sanctions on Russia and Belarus in response to Russia’s military invasion of Ukraine will have enormous implications and an impact on global trade, particularly on commodities, for years to come. The effect of the war on the building material supply in the UK is still to be determined. However, the region including Russia, Ukraine and Belarus accounted for only 1.25% of building products imported into the UK last year. The Armitage Shanks Contour 21+ Single Lever Basin Mixer Tap with copper tails is an anti-vandal unit ideal for installation within any commercial or domestic space. It comes with extended lever handle making it particularly suitable for installation in any healthcare or disabled toilet room setting.

The minimum pressure tap I have been able to find is 0.1 bar. It has M10 connections and the flexi tails included - but they look like they will still be restricting flow somewhat as the aperture of the tails is pretty small especially at the compression nut end. So I have been considering using some copper tap tails instead. I have also been searching for a monobloc mixer tap which has larger M12 connections for the best chance of maximising flow, however, I've not been able to find any... in fact you practically never ever see thread size included in specs!! It is slid over the thread and the other end twisted tight by putting a nail or something similar into the hole and turning. Easy! My reason is that it makes replacement very easy and it is a more reliable method of connecting the tails than compression. When tightening compression it is all too easy to loosen the tail and cause a leak.There is hardly any room under the basin, less under a bath and a kitchen sink is a nightmare! Plumbers on the other hand, carry a box spanner which is a long open tube with the correct size nut shaped hole at the end.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment