276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Making Faces

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Aucoin was also one of the first makeup artists to champion diversity in the beauty industry, starting in 1983 when he was made a creative director at Revlon and pushed to create a line of foundations called The Nakeds. It was a revolutionary moment in makeup as the shades in this line catered to all skin tones, something that wasn’t the norm. Neugierige und Experimentierfreudige, die auch ausgefalleneren Looks gegenüber aufgeschlossen eingestellt sind Aucoin made appearances on Good Morning America and The Oprah Winfrey Show. [17] He played as himself in an episode of Sex and the City called "The Real Me" (Season 4, Episode 2), doing Carrie Bradshaw's makeup for a fashion show during New York Fashion Week. In addition, he appeared with Cher in "Gypsies, Tramps, and Weed" (Season 3, Episode 7) of Will & Grace. a b c Galvin, Peter (November 15, 1994). "Super Makeup Man". The Advocate: 96. ISSN 0001-8996 . Retrieved March 21, 2018.

Kevyn does a really great job of encouraging the reader to experiment with makeup, and not just with colors, but also with the way you apply it, location, tools, and more. He does a GREAT job of summarizing styles throughout the decades and gives you step-by-step instructions with color and makeup suggestions for you to replicate the looks. I especially loved the history of the "Eyebrow" (30s thin brows)and "lip" (50s full lip). I really loved the "film noir" and "hollywood bombshell" looks.Brand Kevyn Aucoin Beauty: Bring out the celebrity in you". Beauty & Glamour. 2008. Archived from the original on October 21, 2016 . Retrieved March 21, 2018. urn:lcp:makingfaces00auco:epub:7c99cfc0-76d7-4323-8810-ea1a2ecbe0e3 Extramarc University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (PZ) Foldoutcount 0 Identifier makingfaces00auco Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t4wh37p61 Isbn 0316286869

kurze Anleitung zum Taping (Straffen von Gesichtspartien durch Klebestreifen, die durch im Haar befestigte Schnüren gespannt werden) In the makeup world, Kevyn Aucoin’s iconic 1997 book Making Faces is largely considered the bible of its field—and not without reason. Many pros remember the first time they pored through the late visionary's how-to tome, and the subsequent visceral reaction they had to it. "When I was 17 or 18, I got it as a gift from a friend of mine who knew it was my dream to be a makeup artist," explains makeup artist Sandy Ganzer. "This is not hyperbole...it changed my life." Broverman, Neal (September 14, 2017). "Remembering the Flawed Beauty of Makeup God Kevyn Aucoin". The Advocate . Retrieved March 21, 2018.

Aucoin's philosophy was that every woman is beautiful within, and makeup was simply his tool for helping her discover that beauty. He wrote a regular column about this philosophy for Allure. A comment he made in a 2000 column, calling members of the National Rifle Association "morons", drew a record amount of mail and a few death threats. [8] Beauty has become more international and ironically more homogenous because more and more people are trying to look like a Snapchat filter. Plastic surgery is more accessible than ever too. Seeing a book by Kevin Aucoin written in the early 2000s reinforces the fact more than ever: lines are blurring and boundaries in beauty are disappearing. We have always been chasing perfect, beautiful faces since the dawn of time.

Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2010-04-01 23:00:29 Bookplateleaf 0002 Boxid IA115817 Boxid_2 BL11203T Camera Canon 5D City Boston Donor Graham, Mhairi (October 24, 2014). "Remembering Kevyn Aucoin". AnOther Magazine. Archived from the original on May 20, 2018 . Retrieved May 16, 2020. Strom, Stephanie (February 1, 1993). "Revlon Expected to Replace No. 2 Executive". The New York Times . Retrieved March 21, 2018. Anleitung zur Verwendung von Grundierung/dunklem und hellem Puder zum Konturieren und Hervorheben/Concealer/Puder/Rouge/Lidschatten/Lidstrich/Wimperntusche/falschen Wimpern/Lippenkontur/Lippenstift und -glossAccording to Kevin, he argues that makeup can make anyone any race they want, saying he can be Asian one moment and Spanish the next. I think that the climate of today's cancel culture would definitely not let him get away with saying that so this book definitely shows it is from another era. In the years that followed, he was courted by MAC, Vincent Longo, Laura Mercier and Shiseido to collaborate.

This was the first book on beauty I encountered that suggested to me that makeup can be used to express a feeling, a facet of yourself, an aspiration of who you wish to be in the moment. Alan Cumming, Tori Amos, and More Attend the 2017 Emery Awards Honoring Kevyn Aucoin". Vogue . Retrieved November 22, 2017. Eight months after moving to Manhattan (where he spent his first winter in an unheated Hell’s Kitchen walk-up), Aucoin got his big break when he was booked to do Meg Tilly’s makeup for a spread in Vogue, which would be shot by acclaimed fashion photographer Steven Meisel.Sammlung von Verwandlungen (Haare/Kleidung/Makeup) jüngerer, älterer, schwarzer und weißer Frauen und eines Mannes mit Vorher-/Nachherbildern (+ weiteren Privatbilder), Produkt- und Utensilienauflistung und an Zeichnungen erläuterten Schritt-für-Schritt-Schminkanleitungen Individueller Auftrag von dunklem Puder zur Konturierung/Rouge/Lidschatten je nach Gesichts- und Augenfarben und -formen

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment