276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sennheiser IE 300 Audiophile In-Ear Headphones - Noise Isolating with XWB Drivers for Balanced Sound, Detachable Cable with Flexible Earhooks, 2 Year Warranty (Black)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Great article. Would you feel this is more neutral than FiiO FD5 knowing neither are that? Trying to see where it sits for treble detail vs FD5. IEM จากทาง Sennheiser แบรนด์เยอรมัน มาแนะนำครับ เกริ่นนิดนึง ผมรู้จักแบรนด์นี้จากเพื่อน ๆ ที่เล่นหูฟังบอกกันปากต่อปาก ในตอนนั้นที่นิยมเล่นกันก็มีรุ่น CX300 รุ่นยอดนิยม แต่ผมได้เป็นรุ่น CX280 มาครับเป็นหูฟังคู่กายเลย เสียงแน่นฟังสนุกทีเดียว Key to the IE 900 is that Sennheiser hasn’t changed its basic preferred configuration to make them. Where many rivals are armature designs, with multiple drivers on each side, often supported by a dynamic driver handling the bass, the IE 900 has a single dynamic driver in each enclosure. This is responsible for the entire frequency response and the IE 900 uses an all new one called the X3R. This builds on the ‘Extra Wide Bandwidth’ principles that have been seen in the IE 800 and IE 800S and begins by increasing the size of the driver from 7mm… but only to 7.7mm. However, that I’m talking about these earphones in such terms reveals that the Sennheiser IE 300 aren’t quite the “flat” or neutral pair many of those still buying high-quality wired headphones will want. The end result is a frequency response from 6Hz to 20kHz (no tolerance given). Other specs include a nominal impedance of 16 ohms, which is plenty low enough for portable devices to easily drive it. The maximum sound pressure level is specified to be 124dB SPL (1kHz/1Vrms), but I strongly advise against playing music that loud; it will damage your hearing in only a few minutes.

I’ve got nothing but high praise for the Sennheiser IE 300. As long as it’s used with the right eartips for your ears, it delivers clean, clear, open, full-bodied sound with superb imaging, and the balance between bass, midrange, and treble is nigh on perfect. Even better, the adjustable ear hooks keep them securely in place, and the detachable cable lets you upgrade to a balanced connection if you wish. The boosts to treble and bass are prominent enough to make these regions an almost constant geographic feature in the shape of the sound. And it in effect simplifies the soundstage, making it less complicated and three dimensional than it could otherwise be. By creating two recognisable features in the landscape, you end up mostly noticing those features much of the time. Over-ear (circumaural) Bluetooth wireless adaptive noise cancellation headphones with additional... Almost all other pairs I tested the Sennheiser IE 300 against sounded slightly dull in comparison. A certain register here, one that features in the voice of virtually every singer you could feed these earphones, gives the pair an almost guaranteed citric vitality. And because this is quite carefully controlled, rather than aiming for stand-out treble clarity that extends to the further reaches of human hearing, Sennheiser avoids an acidic or outwardly bright character. Tech this simple means the Sennheiser IE 300 can’t be pushed into obsolescence because their software or companion app is no longer updated. And they come with a removable cable, since the wire is almost always the first thing to go wrong with earphones.My sound signature preference: My preference is to have a great soundstage where the bass is impactful and delivers a punch that I can “feel” but does not over power the rest of the frequencies allowing for me to hear everything. Separation is important as well. The better tuned/balanced sound, the better. Sennheiser is a mammoth in audio industry that needs no introduction. This German company has an incredible line of products that strokes the desire of all audiophiles. The latest addition in Sennheiser's range of products is much awaited IEM IE300. In the bass region, the IE 200 and 300 both showcase a warm timbre with intimate qualities. Comparing the two, the IE 300 feels a bit more reserved. With the IE 300, you get more scale to the bass, as it fills out more of the sound signature with smooth and colorful textures. Both IEMs are subtle in their detail, not wanting the extension to veer to far into the mids, but the IE 300 seems the cleaner of the two. However, I personally had more fun with the IE 200’s bass response, as it offered more excitement to the tone, especially in the sub-bass. Mids Sennheiser IE 300 นั้นจะเป็นหูฟัง in ear แบบคล้องใบหู ตัวบอดี้ของหูฟังมีขนาดเล็กสวมใส่สบาย น้ำหนักเบาเพียง 4 กรัมเท่านั้น ผลิตจากพลาสติกคุณภาพสูงสีดำ มาพร้อมกับลวดลายจุดเล็กๆ เหมือนประกายของแสงดาว ที่ด้านข้างของตัวหูฟังจะมีโลโก้ของทางแบรนด์ติดอยู่ที่ด้านข้างของตัวหูฟัง โดยในกล่องจะมาพร้อมสายหูฟัง ชุดจุกหูฟัง และเคสสำหรับพกพาครับ

Creative Aurvana Trio: the IE 200 has wider sound staging, its treble is more refined and less cooked, Aurvana’s midrange is a little more elevated, sounding a little more fuller, the bass has also more beef. What Hi-Fi?, founded in 1976, is the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products. Our comprehensive tests help you buy the very best for your money, with our advice sections giving you step-by-step information on how to get even more from your music and movies. Everything is tested by our dedicated team of in-house reviewers in our custom-built test rooms in London, Reading and Bath. Our coveted five-star rating and Awards are recognised all over the world as the ultimate seal of approval, so you can buy with absolute confidence. Bonus bass and treble seems like a technique that would be enlisted by a lower-end pair than this. But hearing it transplanted onto the Sennheiser IE 300, plus their great 7mm dynamic driver, is a recipe for good times.

How does the Sennheiser IE 900 sound?

The IE300 is an interesting IEM given the context of Sennheiser’s history; while much of its audiophile lineup consists of headphones tuned very specifically to please your average neutralhead audiophile, the IE300 (which is also part of said audiophile lineup) is one seemingly catered to your average V-loving mainstream audience. As such, the signature of the IE300 can be described as “V-shaped”, perhaps “U-shaped” if one considers the emphases to be further out to the extremeties. Arooj Aftab’s gorgeous rendition of Baghon Main catches almost all the subtlety of the music and pristine vocals with the XM4, but even though the IE 300 sharpens the focus somewhat, I don’t feel like I’m missing anything, and indeed the Sony is probably the smoother of the two when I change focus from the music to writing this review. With its easy transitions from bass to mids, and a slightly rolled treble, the Sony is both warmer and softer, but no less engaging and entertaining than the IE 300 with this and similar music.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment