276°
Posted 20 hours ago

REALFORCE R2 PFU Limited Edition (Black/45g/TKL) - Topre Silent Key Switches, Full-NKRO, Professional keyboard

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Realforce R2 RGB also lights up all of the secondary functions on keys. However, only the main key sections (letters, numbers, punctuation) get the best lighting, because the secondary functions are positioned beside the primary functions instead of below. The F-key row see the brightness taper off lower on the keycap, where the secondary functions are, making them harder to see and kind of shoddy looking. Other noteworthy milestones include their first US ANSI layout keyboard, the Realforce 101 (Model ML0100) released in April, 2003 and their first USB keyboard, the Realforce 89U (Model NF0100) released in December, 2003. Korean Realforce keyboards in ANSI layout with Hangul printed characters were likely introduced around 2007, although there are some Hangul keyboards without confirmed release dates. The first ISO layout keyboard was probably the Realforce 105UFW (Model WE1100), a Finnish layout keyboard released in December, 2009. The standalone Realforce 23U and 23UB numpads were released in August, 2009. Both numpads were discontinued in early 2014, but were re-introduced in September, 2014. As someone who has been wanting to try this keyboard out for a while now, it pains me to say I have trouble recommending this keyboard to anyone.

While technically rubber dome, the Topre switches actuate via electro-capacitive design, which means it uses a magnetic field to figure out how close the switches are to determine when to register the keystroke. I am using 87U and I have tried R2 PFU limited edition (TKL version), so this is a short personal comparison between the TKL models, but should be the same for full size models. So these are the differences that I have noticed myself: In September, 2011, Topre celebrated their 10th Anniversary by releasing a line of 87U keyboards in Korea [3]. For those who prefer quiet keying, you can dramatically reduce typing sound with Topre silent keyboards. Unlike the Realforce RGB, the R2 does not use Cherry MX compatible stems or keycaps; instead, the traditional Topre slider design and keycaps are used. This allows the R2 models to continue using PBT keycaps instead of the double-shot ABS keycaps that were chosen for the Realforce RGB. The R2 and its components are made and assembled in Japan [6].

This is a brief review of the Realforce R2 Silent TKL 45g Leopold Version. It is a follow-up to my review of the Realforce R2 PFU Edition: Every nerd with Collector's Disease knows about the dream of the "endgame," that theoretically perfect item that will end the definitionally never-ending quest. I expected the RealForce's appeal to accordingly pale as soon as it settled on my desk. But this quiet, satisfying, timelessly stylish beast is everything I want and more. And the price? Well, at least it's cheaper than buying a half dozen new keyboards. For the uninitiated, Topre is a sort-of hybrid switch, one that’s long invited debate. I’m not going to wade too deep into that void, but: The primary mechanism for a Topre’s key resistance is a rubber dome, the oft-maligned foundation of most budget membrane keyboards. The activation and feel, though, are similar to a mechanical keyboard’s, and the result is a unique switch that diehard fans swear by.

Although subtle, Topre use two font sizes for their printed legends. The smaller size was used on some of their older keyboards and keyboards that have two language character sets (e.g. English + Hiragana or English + Hangul). The easiest way to tell is to observe the distance between the top of the keycap and the top of the printed legend. The larger font will be much closer to the top edge of the keycap than the small font. The keyboard itself feels outdated in a lot ways. Extremely high price point, a non-detachable power cable, and poor stabilizers make this keyboard not satisfying and very clunky to move around.

Key spacer

JustSystems Direct Service — Just MyShop - 東プレ REALFORCE108UBK-JS ZH0100 復刻モデル(製品の特長/動作環境・カタログ Retrieved 2015-07-07. The tactile bump is bit more pronounced than a Cherry MX Brown which I enjoyed, but the bottom-out and sound it produces is not for me. The Stabilizers

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment