276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kingdom of the Feared: The Sunday Times and New York Times bestselling steamy finale to the Kingdom of the Wicked series

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm lowering my rating to 2 stars, because while writing this review i realized i was too generous with my original rating.

And Emilia herself... If there is one thing i hate, it's the trope of the FMC giving up her magic for her lover and the "greater good". I don't care that it got resolved in the end — I was on the verge of DNFing this as soon as it happened. Beyond that, there was not a single coherent thought in Emilia's head throughout the entire book. All she could think about was sleeping with Wrath, and I just found it to be very irritating and just too much. i mean, don’t get me wrong, im a romance smut lover. go scroll through my read shelf and you’ll be assured... but it just makes me feel so weird to read explicit smut in a book that’s labelled YA and marketed for young people💀 first SJM started doing it, then JLA... now this trilogy?Emilia yearns to claim her king, the seductive Prince of Wrath, in the flesh. She wants him, heart and soul – but that’s something the enigmatic demon can’t promise her. At the end of Cursed, Emilia had just found out that her twin sister Vittoria, who she’d long thought murdered, was still alive. And not only was she alive, but she was set on a path of destruction that threatened all Emilia held dear. When Feared begins, Emilia is reeling from the discovery but she’s on the cusp of completing her marriage to the seductive Prince of Wrath (cue the sizzles) and Vittoria seems hell bent on ruining the union. When a high-ranking member of House Greed is assassinated, damning evidence points to Emilia’s twin as the murderer. But the circumstances are suspicious and Emilia, whilst hurt and betrayed by her sister, will do anything to get to the bottom of the accusations, for good or bad. Sure, all the questions I've had ever since I first read KotW were answered, but I didn't expect them to be presented so matter-of-factly and with little to no conflict. There were many things I liked, in the end; for example, I appreciate the positive turn Emilia's character's made since the slight downfall it endured in the second book. She confirmed herself like the real badass I knew she'd become.

Emilia? Her whole personality is just the fact that she wants sex. She occasionally thinks about her sister but mostly it's just sex. Oh and she will often say "goddess above" to make you think she's doing something. News flash- she's not. Tell me every dark desire, Emilia. Every fantasy you wish to come true. And I vow to make every one of them to happen.” There were moments I felt my heart sink a little for how ridiculous they were, and moments I was amazed by Maniscalco's genius. Twisted though it may be, that was the power of love. It could usher in warmth and light, and it could also turn a single ember into a raging inferno, destroying those who threatened it. Love might be the worst sin of them all, with its two sides." this is also the spoilery part of my review, so congratulations on making it this far! you got through all of my whinging... enjoy the rest of my review where i also whinge, just with a few spoilers here and there).It's such a blessing when the book you had such high expectations for delivers so spectacularly. Not that I expected anything less from this series and Kerri Maniscalco. Masterpiece isn't an adequate enough word to describe it. Besides, this book, in particular, might actually be my favorite one. I love how the story unfolds. The revelations are insane, and there are plenty of moments that left me shooketh. Also, I especially loved the ending. There was a moment I wasn't pleased with at all and was worried about how it would affect my rating, but as it turned out Kerry Maniscalco was only being a mean tease again. I honestly think she might be a sadist, but seeing how much I enjoyed her books, I might be a masochist myself, so I guess it works. Nothing felt new, the plot staled and the romance I found so exciting and breathtaking in the previous books, was a little too prominent in this one. Coming to Antonio's character- any man who tries to do good (work of God) by using evil, especially through the means of fallen angels aka demons.. isn't doing the right thing. I just had to say that, because people do create false ways of judgements in their heads even if they believe they're doing the right things. Hello! This week was FULL of fun KINGDOM OF THE FEARED things. The standard US/UK cover reveal, the B&N Exclusive edition cover reveal, AND the gorgeous Waterstones Exclusive edition and the best part???? The Nerd Daily shared the entire FIRST CHAPTER and Waterstones posted it on their blog this morning too. The first chapter—as well as the book summary— contain spoilers for the first two books, please do not read either if you need to catch up on the series.

And finally we have this book that was, yes, a nice way to end a trilogy I've come to love, and yes, very entertaining but also... not. The author completely messed up in this one. I think the sole purpose to write this book for her was to write smut, which is nicely done but the overall plot has nothing to offer. there was nothing. truly, this book is more so about explaining all the ominous shit that happened in the first two books. Emilia puts the pieces together (or is blatantly told what happened), and every mysterious encounter she’s previously had now makes sense. which was a relief, to be honest, because it did answer some questions that previously really bugged me😭 but this meant there was no actual plot for this book. I also really really reeeeeeeeally loved we got to see more of the other demon princes and the witches lore was interesting to learn about. but im so glad im finally done with this series, it was a mess lmao. and i will be waiting for the spin off💅🏻I forgot to mention Emilia got on my nerves a lot. Not just because of her sex-crazed state, but because I felt like she was trying too hard to be tough and badass. I don't quite know how to explain it. She just gave off weird vibes the whole time. Together Emilia and Wrath play a sin-fueled game of deception as they work to stop the unrest that’s brewing between witches, demons, shape-shifters and the most treacherous foes of all: the Feared. now that Emilia is the bad bitch that she is. all that is left is for her to get her happy ever after with Wrath. but these bitches are constantly being thrown curve balls that at one point i threw this book to the moon. Y’all think Wrath is the only one known for his angry? wait until you read about, Emilia, this baddie’s fury. ❤️‍🔥

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment