276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Capstone Games | Watergate | Board Game | 2 Players | Ages 12+ | 30-60 Minute Playing Time, Brown

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. And, although a broad understanding of the Watergate scandal helps, for me, the success of Cramer’s design lies, not in dogged faithfulness to historical specifics, but in taking the broader atmosphere of the situation those specifics existed in and turning that into a thrilling, cutthroat tug-of-war. Yeah, I agree, especially with the small "encounter deck" equivalent (path decks) that have clearly good and clearly bad cards in it. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.

Watergate Review - Tabletop Gaming Watergate Review - Tabletop Gaming

Nixon has grabbed two of the five momentum tokens he needs, and we’ve managed to add one of the blue informants to the board. As the administration you feel pursued and harassed by these pesky journalists who keep turning over evidence you thought long suppressed.In my experience the deepest games I’ve played have had ‘just enough’ mechanics with the complexity and depth coming from the interplay between a simple set of ideas with complex implications. The top part of the card lets you move any evidence token of a matching colour towards you by the number of steps written on the card, or you can choose to move either the round’s momentum token, or the initiative token towards you instead.

Watergate board game. Is it for me? : r/boardgames - Reddit Watergate board game. Is it for me? : r/boardgames - Reddit

The game ends when either Nixon collects his 5th momentum token or when the Editor creates connections between Nixon and two informants. Important: When following a card's instructions, you have to fully carry out all instructions that are possible. Players must balance on a tightrope of advancing their position in the game, while at the same time trying to slow down their opponents.The publisher could have taken the cheaper option that many do, and told you to place them all face-down on the table, but they didn’t. Starting with the player who has the initiative (the player that the arrows on the initiative card are pointing towards), the two of you take alternating turns until neither of you has any cards left in hand.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment