276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TP-Link Archer AX50 Next-Gen WiFi 6 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Cable Router, WiFi Speed up to 2402Mbps/5GHz+574Mbps/2.4GHz, 8 Gigabit LAN Ports, Ideal for Gaming Xbox/PS4/Steam & 4K/8K

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Source: Samuel Contreras / Android Central (Image credit: Source: Samuel Contreras / Android Central) Verbeterde levensduur van batterijen — Target Wake Time helpt om apparaten onderling te laten communiceren terwijl ze minder stroom verbruiken. Moreover, it is simple and convenient to set up and use the TP-Link router due to its intuitive web interface and the powerful Tether app. Uitgebreid wifi-bereik — 4 externe high-gain antennes en Beamforming-technologie zorgen samen voor een uitgebreide, krachtige en betrouwbare wifi in het hele huis.

TP-Link Archer AX50 review - Which?

The AX50’s wireless specifications meanwhile are promising, if not exceptional. Its 5GHz radio is rated at 2,402Mbits/sec with the use of 160MHz channels, and 4×4 MU-MIMO helps compatible clients maximise their transfer speeds. This router may not support all the mandatory features as ratified in Draft 3.0 of IEEE802.11ax specification. Further software upgrades for feature availability may be required. In general, TP-Link Wi-Fi Router has 4 scenarios for VPN function, including working as a VPN Server(Case1 and Case2), connecting to a remote VPN server as a VPN Client(Case 3 and Case4)Despite having a USB 3.0 (5Gbps) port, the Archer AX50's network-attached storage performance was still quite disappointing when hosting a portable drive. The AX53 clearly comes from the same stable as the older Archer AX50. The physical design is pretty much identical and the core specifications are the same, too: four antennas support 4×4 MU-MIMO with a maximum speed of 2.4Gbits/sec on the 5GHz band and a respectable 574Mbits/sec over the 2.4GHz radio. Like its predecessor, the AX53 also supports the wide 160MHz channel width to maximise bandwidth. Second crash came after about 3 hours (or 200GB) of file transfers to USB and it was a hard crash. Not reachable, not responding and it was really hot. I reset it manually and it crashed again not 10 minutes later (another hard crash). I let it rest for about 15 minutes before resetting and now it worked again but I only used the drive capabilities intermittently.

Archer AX50 (AX3000) WiFi 6 Router Review – MBReviews TP-Link Archer AX50 (AX3000) WiFi 6 Router Review – MBReviews

The Archer AX50 proved to be a much better device compared to its twin sibling. Clearly improved Wi-Fi performance This amendment defines standardized modifications to both the IEEE 802.11 physical layers (PHY) and the IEEE 802.11 Medium Access Control layer (MAC) that enable at least one mode of operation capable of supporting at least four times improvement in the average throughput per station (measured at the MAC data service access point) in a dense deployment scenario while maintaining or improving the power efficiency per station. If your internet connection type is BigPond Cable, please go to Advanced> Network> Internet to set your router.I have diagnosed the drive on my computer (8 TB WD Mybook) and it’s fine as it’s completely new. Connected to the router and used as a NAS for some time results in the router crashing. I’ve had the first crash after about 3 hours of file transfers, which rendered the router network to drop wifi completely, but still reachable to reset through web login. Worked fine after that till the next time the NAS capabilities were used. It's a dual-band router capable of delivering up to 2.4Gbps on the 5GHz band and 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. So both routers are AX3000-class Wi-Fi 6 router, and neither has any multi-gig ports or support Dual-WAN. Sadly, I did not have a device HE160-compatible device to hand to see if you really can get 2402Mbps. The fastest link speeds I recorded were 1201Mbps, suggesting that with the right device, 2402Mbps should be achievable in the real world and isn’t just a lab conditions theoretical maximum. Wi-Fi 5

Archer AX50 | AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router - TP-Link

On the inside, the Archer AX50 shares the same hardware specs as that of the Archer AX3000, sporting an Intel Home Wi-Fi chipset. In de wijziging worden standaardaanpassingen aan zowel de fysieke lagen van IEEE 802.11 (PHY) en de MAC-laag (Medium Access Control) van IEEE 802.11 gedefinieerd die ten minste één bedrijfsmodus bieden die de verbetering van ten minste vier keer de gemiddelde doorvoer per station (gemeten bij het MAC-gegevensservice access point) ondersteunt bij een hoge dichtheid en de stroomefficiëntie per station behoudt of verbetert. The AX50 proved to be reliable, passing my three-day stress test with no issue. It has about the same range as the AX3000 and can handle some 1800 ft² (170 m²) of typical residential settings with good Wi-Fi signals. The way Wi-Fi works, your mileage will vary. One “problem” with Wi-Fi 6 is that some older devices may not be able to “see” Wi-Fi 6 networks. This is the case with all routers with support for this standard. If this happens to you, update the drivers for the network cards inside your computers. If that doesn’t work either, you can always set the router to use the Wi-Fi 5 standard alongside Wi-Fi 6, or set the 2.4 GHz band to use only the older Wi-Fi 4 standard, which works with all devices. Zeer lage latentie — tot 75% lagere latentie zorgt dat je sneller kunt reageren in games en de kwaliteit van videochats beter is.Wi-Fi 6 Technology Featuring Intel: Wi-Fi 6 technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, higher capacity and lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and buffer-free. Maximale draadloze signaalfrequentie op basis van specificaties van de IEEE 802.11-standaard. Het bereik, de dekking en het maximaal aantal verbonden apparaten zijn gebaseerd op testresultaten onder normale gebruiksomstandigheden. De werkelijke draadloze gegevensdoorvoer, het draadloos bereik en het aantal verbonden apparaten kunnen niet gegarandeerd worden en variëren op basis van 1) omgevingsfactoren, met inbegrip van bouwmaterialen, fysieke objecten en obstakels, 2) netwerkomstandigheden, met inbegrip van lokale interferentie, omvang en dichtheid van het verkeer, locatie van het product, complexiteit van het netwerk en overhead, en 3) clientbeperkingen, met inbegrip van nominaal vermogen, locatie, verbinding, kwaliteit en toestand van de client. A final feature worth mentioning is OneMesh, which lets you pair the AX53 with other TP-Link routers to create an extended network. It’s a tempting option for a router like this, as it means you can grow your network organically by adding low-cost extenders as needed, while retaining the convenience of managing everything from a single dashboard. It's worth noting, though, that you can't use HomeCare via the web interface. Instead, you'll have to resort to the Tether mobile app and log in with an account with TP-Link. In return, this feature is now free for the life of the router. On the 2.4 GHz band, the AX50's performance was even more impressive. It was among the fastest I've seen. However, this was likely because there was less interference in the vicinity during my testing, for some reason. For years, this band has been fluctuating quite wildly in my tests.

TP-Link Archer AX50 Next-Gen WiFi 6 Gigabit Dual Band

Like other TP-Link routers, the Archer AX50 comes with a standard set of network settings, including Dynamic DNS, port-forwarding, IP reservation, and so on. The router also has a built-in VPN server. So it's ready to host a home office.Tap the + button in the Tether app and select Router > Wireless Router. Follow the steps to complete the setup and connect to the internet. Similarly, you can also change the router's channel and channel bandwidth. By the way, the router supports the 160 MHz channels, which is always a big deal for a Wi-Fi 6 router -- many other more expensive routers, like the AmpliFi Alien, don't. Standard network settings, VPN server

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment