276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jim Beam Single Barrel Craft Bourbon Whiskey, 70 cl

£18.845£37.69Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This high-rye whiskey is aged for at least four years. The bonded barrels are then vatted according to the Old Grand-Dad flavor profile and bottled at 50 percent, which lets a bit more of the juice shine in the bottle. Drinking neat, for me, the nose is gentle and subtle, less forward than BT. A bit more 'spirit-y' than I'm used to. Vanilla, ripe melon and a little smoke. Wow, this is thin on the nose already. There are hints of vanilla, overcooked popcorn, caramel, and what feels like fresh slices of Wonder Bread. The sip is almost invisible on the tip of the tongue and very watery but does have echoes of sweet cherry candy, caramel apples, and vanilla extract in there. Those notes almost immediately disappear into the watery nature of the sip with no discernable finish. Taste 5 Zach Johnston

Jim Beam Single Barrel 108 Proof is hand-selected by expert distillers, who carefully choose each barrel to ensure the highest quality. Less than one percent of barrels are chosen for the Single Barrel line, making it a unique and special bourbon experience. Price RangeRich, savory dishes: BBQ ribs, smoked brisket, or a juicy burger can emphasize the robust flavors in this bourbon. Upon nosing this bourbon, I detected notes of mint, ginger, caramel, light citrus, and peanut. The taste offered a delightful combination of caramel, mint, cinnamon, yeast bread dough, honey, and cinnamon. Finally, the finish presented flavors of grapefruit, cherry Twizzler, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and orange rind. Jim Beam is a fairly expansive brand, ranging in proof, age, whiskey types, and even released in a variety of flavors (though once flavor is added it’s no longer considered bourbon). Jim Beam Bourbon is the flagship brand, though it shares a mashbill with other Beam bourbons including Knob Creek, Baker’s, and Booker’s. Unlike the latter three, however, Jim Beam generally seems to cater less to the bourbon enthusiast crowd. Despite this, Jim Beam Single Barrel is offered as a standalone bottling as well as a private selection option, giving enthusiasts the opportunity to discover something a little more special. This particular barrel was selected by CrossRoads Wine & Spirits located in the small city of Bryant, Arkansas. It comes in at the standard 95 proof and is from barrel JB7079. Caramel corn, candy corn, vanilla frosting, oak, nutmeg, toffee and light bits of citrus potpourri, mint and peanuts. It’s not a complex aroma, but it’s pleasant. Beam’s eight bourbons are fairly varied both in taste and price. Perhaps more importantly, Beam has two bourbon mash bills. The standard mash is 75 percent corn, 13 percent rye, and 12 percent malted barley. That covers classic Jim Beam, Knob Creek, Baker’s, Old Crow, Legent, and Booker’s expressions. Then there’s their high-rye bourbon mash bill of 63 percent corn, 27 percent rye, and ten percent malted barley. That whiskey ends up in Basil Hayden’s and Old Grand-Dad.

This bourbon is the same juice as Old Grand-Dad. This is aged longer and built to match a different flavor profile even though both brands use the same high-rye distillate. I like problems like this. I know enough to do the research on how to solve the problem and it allows me to learn something new. Thankfully, I knew that if I could get a signal into the building, a wi-fi repeater would allow the computer that they used in there to get a connection. And with a little time and experimentation with the position of the router and repeater, I got everything to work.Jim Beam has been a staple in the bourbon world for years, and for many, it’s likely one of the first whiskeys they’ve ever tried. With their new Single Barrel Bourbon 108 Proof, it seems they’re raising the bar, offering a bourbon with more complexity and depth. The decision to forego filtering and increase the proof to 108 suggests a commitment to delivering a richer, more robust experience for whiskey lovers. To complement the rich flavors of Jim Beam Single Barrel 108 Proof, here are some of the best mixers: In this short overview of the Jim Beam Single Barrel 108 Proof, I’ve covered the product’s history, pricing, and tasting notes. I hope you find this information helpful as you continue to explore the world of bourbon. Enjoy! Peanuts, corn, vanilla, oak, toffee, nutmeg and biscuity with bits of sourdough bread, waxy citrus peels, mint and fruit. Meh. That’s all this left me with. It was so watery and indistinct. You can skip this altogether. 7. Basil Hayden’s Aged 10 Years — Taste 5 Beam Suntory

I’ve always found Jim Beam to be a pretty boring bourbon, including the off-the-shelf Single Barrel version. This particular barrel brings an element of intrigue I’ve yet to find in the brand. Aside from the heavy-handed dose of ethanol on the nose, the rest of the sip offers an enjoyable experience. This particular barrel of Jim Beam Single Barrel is not super complex, but it’s not something I’d complain about having in my glass either. There’s nothing to dislike about the aroma or the palate, but it’s not quite complex enough for me to call it a daily drinker. It’s a solid basic bourbon, but being a single barrel product this is just one tiny aspect of what this whiskey can be. Like all SiB products out there I’m sure there’s some dynamite ones lurking on the shelves.Share With: You can’t go wrong sharing this one with a fan of Jim Beam. I really think longtime fans are gonna love this one. It’s different from what they’re used to but still has many of the familia traits associated with Jim Beam – most noticeably the strong corn flavor that I associated with Jim Beam.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment