276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Joop! Homme Eau de Parfum, 125 ml (Pack of 1)

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One thing up front, I would love to rate this fragrance if the difference between vintage (1st Lancaster version) and today's (mid-2020 batch) wasn't so severe.... the only downside is it says "Joop" on it. I had to wait on that pompous guy at the hotel. here I don't continue writing, otherwise it is still called "slander"... The tonka bean with the sandalwood make this well in time transformed Homme to an almost niche fragrance with an incredible drugstore price.

For me one of the most crude (in the positive sense) fragrances of the late 80s and 90s. Here something was created, which did not exist in the form yet and does not really exist until today. You have to dare him - not for everyone - but unfortunately, I find him just skilful. The presence lingers for several hours, which is extreme for my skin. Even after a good 24h you can still smell him skin. Meanwhile 32 years old the fragrance and yet he smells modern, timeless and very sensual. For sure he has already had some reformulations, to which I can not say too much. I wore it 10 years ago and I also still have a very current bottle here. The current blend still smells very high quality and long lasting, which is not a given with many classics. It has stayed true to its origins: sexy, offensive, flirty, good-humored, headstrong and simply a fragrance you recognize immediately. Definitely a polarizing fragrance that you usually love or hate. No wonder, since he goes all out. Brachial also in the sillage and screams: Here I am! In addition, this eye-catching pink bottle. Catches the eye.Sillage: potent, but also not the beast like his pink father (once was and also still is with smears). I can understand that today's version is hated by some.... but how on earth could not love this vintage version!? Although so on the face, but also so awesome! It must be said that it definitely no longer stands out, as it is clearly more adapted to the times than the Eau de Toilette was at the time. Armani Stronger with you is actually a fragrance that I would expect in his circle of friends, even if it is then different with its original DNA. It is not unique and you will probably still perceive many similar fragrances, but Joop! Has here a logical successor to the Eau de Toilette's on the market.

Long speech, short sense: Current version quite ok to revel in nostalgic times.... but more also not... Too bad about this once magical masterpiece! Alone for nostalgia reasons, the fragrance burned itself into my brain, until I finally bought a bottle of it. Already there it was the Coty variant, but the comparison to the vintage version I did not know until then. I was satisfied... until the bottle flew to the floor after infrequent wear and the contents spread all over it.... The bathroom smelled for days afterwards....In no time at all he is at the lake, where his fire stool settles in the coarse-grained sand. No topic for Kalle, he extends the stand, parks the hot oven, takes a running start, shouts: "BOOmmBeeeee", and claps like a Germanic foundling on the water surface. Broad grinning he appears, his posse is already crouching on the shore laughing: "Ham is waiting for you, RAALLLEEE!" Who thinks, the towel comes now... no Kalle dieselt himself first and rubs himself dry with the hands and Homme - why a towel. The heliotrope cinnamon vanilla bomb is spreading all over the gravel ball. "Kalle!", shrine them all: "You're the greatest!", Kalle grins and lets herself be celebrated..... the price-performance ratio! To the fragrance ansich: As often described, but it fits, the original with more heaviness, spice, light sweetness, less loud, more maturity, but still unmistakably Homme, performance loose 24 hours, sillage dangerous for the environment, so incredibly strong, one with which you can easily exaggerate. I like best the scent progression, at the end remains permanently for me extremely pleasant, light sweetness, but not too intrusive and heavy, masculine enough and just delicious without end, ladykiller high 10 and the next morning even better, you smell in any case still incredibly good and she will want to be very, very close to you.... ;-). This combination belongs in the hall of fame or in some other unimportant list which the many expensive, in the design extremely strong and contemporary Rohrkrepierer in the fray. Why does it need niche fragrances with which one is embarrassed by too strong application with the one-sidedness of the ingredients, if one can make it here cheaply? Sillage and durability in this version really a beast. Is loved by my girlfriend. I think you mentioned in the first hour every 5 minutes, how good I would smell yet (when she tried the current variant at home, she said it would be a completely different fragrance!) For me, the Eau de Parfum of Joop! Homme is one of the most logical further developments that I have ever smelled.

I first got my first taste of Joop Homme at the tender age of 16. And I thought he was really good at first. He was cute, okay, but in a reasonable dose he could be really pleasant with his vanilla-woody tones. An equally young guy wore this fragrance, very discreetly dosed and of course only for going out in the evening. I liked it (the scent, the intimidated boy sometime no longer). Sweet, cuddly, cuddly. A good fragrance from the house of Joop, just like Nuit d'Eté and Berlin, which I had on my wish list at the time.The other three are fairly one dimensional compared to the Joop. The Armani is the suedey one, the Azzaro is the spicy one, and the Paco is the fruity one. Having done a little research, the opinion I found online was that it is Joops take on the trending gourmand “caramelised Tonka” base found in Stronger With You Intensely (again, the gourmand SWY) and then "appropriated" by The Most Wanted Parfum and 1 Million Elixir… You need to think of it as more of a flanker, a gourmand take on the OG (yes, you heard right, take maybe the sweetest, strongest thing ever and make a gourmand version). The notes are different with a few common ones so there’s a thread of Joop Homme DNA running through it. There is “heliotrope” for instance, but it’s toned way down from the Dr Pepper of the EDT (and yeah, I like that benzaldehyde hit in the EDT).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment