276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Last Wild: Book 1 (The Last Wild Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Do not miss this magical and astounding debut: The Last Wild by Piers Torday (yes mums and dads, his Dad Paul wrote Salmon Fishing in the Yemen) - a wonderfully imaginative tale of magical self-realisation and endless possibility. A truly inspirational book for kids that they'll love. It also introduces a bold new voice in children’s fiction with a story destined to be loved by readers of all ages. Perfect too, for children who love Michael Morpurgo, Eva Ibbotson and Roald Dahl.

I was a total bookworm and read everything I could lay my hands on, from Beatrix Potter to Babar, Moomintrolls to Hobbits. Some of my favourite books included Stig Of The Dump, The Land of Green Ginger and The Silver Sword. I was walking my dog near to Broadhurst Green and I believe I saw something that could be described as a wolf. It was not a panther and it was too large to be a dog. It was walking through the bushes without a care in the world.” This book is very interesting and cool.The book would be good for you if you are interested or like books about animals. Please give this book a read if you would like. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives.Buy from our bookstore and 25% of the cover price will be given to a school of your choice to buy more books. *15% of eBooks. Home >

an amazing book, truly captivating and easy to get completely submerged in Piers Torday's writing magic. Definitely plays with your emotions and I would definitely recommend reading this phenomenal book. We believe rewilding provides hope for the future for people and nature. Through rewilding we can start to reverse centuries of ecological damage. We can re-establish natural processes, reconnect with nature and regain wonder for the natural world. I thought it was probably too much for them at this stage, but I kept listening and was soon hooked. Once it was clear that the creatures really could talk to Kester, and he wasn't losing his mind, there were parts of the story I wanted to tell my kids, knowing they would find them funny or otherwise enjoyable. Then they started listening with me again, from where I was up to, and pretty soon they were hooked too. The Last Wild is a middle-grade dystopian novel. It might be a little bit too sad and gloomy for children but I really liked it. It is set in a world where a virus is spreading. But it only affects animals. It is a story of a young boy Kester who realises one day that he can speak to animals and he decides to help them.

For my family it was important that we listened together. I think it may have been too frightening otherwise. There are many deep themes and ideas, and it has been good to talk about these along the way, and afterwards. This book is great, it contains a great adventure and has an awesome thrill. If a lovely heart warming adventure is what you are after this is the book for you! This is the first book in a trilogy. It's aimed primarily at young adults. Both my daughter and I read it. The story so far doesn't merit a trilogy. There is a lot of filler. We get the dystopian world in which it is set. We get it that the hero is mute but can communicate with animals. We get it that a shady corporation has taken control of the food supply after the outbreak of a disease among animals. We get that his dad is involved somehow and may be the animals last chance of a cure. Now get on with the story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment