276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Campfire Audio Andromeda Reference In-Ear Headphones Green

£24.995£49.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve decided to trademark “it gets you there” for equipment that sends me into an emotional listening state.

I don’t know how he did it but I’m guessing some kind of damping is involved and he went overboard trying to kill it and they wound up overdamped.Acoustic guitars don’t have the level richness and depth in its tone to qualify as being lush to me. When listening to the newest Campfire Audio Andromeda Emerald Sea I have to say I’m starting to get it though. The main box is covered with textured paper with colorful stickers explaining the contents of the box. On the other hand, Craft Ears IEM has a fantasthicc bass, making it much better suited for heavier, more low-heave genres.

Fight misinformation from false prophets (objectivists who split decimal points in APx555 SINAD measurements or talk about double blind tests but never conduct them), sockpuppet reviewers who say everything is good and deserves an award, and religious fervor toward frequency response target curves that seem to change on yearly basis. I agree, the moulded earguides are much better than the memory wire used before, the jacket is also very soft – CFA clearly know what they’re doing here as they used to make custom cables under ALO Audio! Altogether, impressions of the highs very much resemble those of the other frequencies, Campfire Audio has done an admirable job of enhancing technical ability without excessively altering the tonality and character beloved on the original. I don’t know whether it’s worth spending an extra 1100 bucks on a new pair if your originals are still in decent shape. In turn, though forward and revealing, it is not sharp or fatiguing, the Andromeda actually is more prone to sounding sharp on poorly mastered tracks.

When I demo’d the original Andromeda back a few years ago, I found that the upper mids were overly recessed such that vocals were buried and the lower mids were plagued with bass bloat. Another thing about influence, and this has been covered extensively in Stereophile, is that undue influence is extremely easy to spot. I think we all agree that manufacturers could either gift the review sample to the reviewer, or demand them back. This driver-to-driver interaction is crucial to eliminating points of potential phase cancellation and creating the intangibles that don’t show on a frequency response curve; imaging, separation, resolution, and soundstage. I believe on IOS devices, manually dragging the volume slider gives you a few more steps than using the volume buttons.

The new, refined build is a direct improvement in terms of looks and ergonomics, the Emerald Sea is a worthy successor of the series.Insertion depth is average with the nozzles having an upward rake and sitting at the front of the body. Sub-bass is still not an emphasis on the retuned Andro2020 with good speed and extension, but a lack of power in the lowest tones. Interestingly enough, Andromeda 2020 and Andromeda S line up very similarly in overall characteristics. The upper ends also sound a tad brighter with more power backed up to them, making the mids and highs sound gain extra sparkles. It is instead dry and cozy, making it more desirable for digging into the fine texture details without getting too grainy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment