276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TUHIMO Buwico Grass Trimmer Line, 3.0mm*41m Nylon Steel-Wire Core Brush Cutter Line Heavy Duty Strimmer String for Over Grown Grass and Weeds

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once determined and your trimmer has been chosen then you’re pretty much tied into which line you can use. Trimmer line is used to strim away grass and weeds and is commonly know as strimmer wire or strimmer line. The large loop handle is comfortable and gives you extra leverage in tight corners, but it’s not designed for edging work. This machine seems to be picking up some good reviews by users so I have added my own review to the site. Firstly I would load up my 3 arm blade which will cut through tougher grass and lighter brush that the nylon line wouldn’t be able to tackle.

Because of this, you can use them anywhere in the garden, but you’re restricted by run time and how long the battery takes to charge. If the area being strimmed should become more difficult with the presence of heavy brush such as woody growth consisting of shrubs and young saplings then I would fit the saw toothed type blade. Dun Laoghaire Golf Club recently played host to the insightful Turf Science Live seminar, an event co-organised by ICL and Syngenta. it’s the lightest in the group we tested, but has a relatively narrow 23cm cutting width, so it takes longer to cover ground than the Worx, with its generous 33cm head.At just under 2kg, this strimmer feels lightweight and easy to move around the garden and it achieves a fast, efficient cut. Experience can certainly be gained with the more you use your trimmer although the following guide will get you started. The black power cable is only 10m, so you’ll need an extension cord if you plan to strim further from a power source, and it’s tricky to see it in the grass. However, while it's efficient, this machine is the loudest on the test at 98dB, and the handles are uncomfortable too. This heavier gauge would also be suitable to maintain areas that have longer grasses and weeds to keep in trim.

it’s also the heaviest in our test, but the telescopic shaft and adjustable loop handle help to balance this strimmer and make it comfortable to hold and manoeuvre. It also takes an hour and a half to charge, which though less than the 4 hours of the Gtech model, is much longer than the 45 minutes of the Makita DUR181RT and Mac Allister 18V LI 18V 280mm. The soft-grip loop handles on its telescopic shaft are comfortable and there’s a helpful loop for tucking the cable away when you’re moving around.It’s especially comfortable to hold when edging, has a simple automatic feed, and a relatively generous 28cm cutting width – the widest in the test was the Worx WG184E with 33cm. Both the battery and charger are compatible not only across the Husqvarna Aspire range but with the Power For All Alliance of cordless tools, which includes Flymo, Gardena and Bosch and will save you money if you invest in any of those tools in the future. What I failed to anticipate at the time was that it was not as flexible as the plastic line, nor did it feel very good when pieces of it broke off and stuck into my leg, as metal will eventually just break off in chunks vs plastic line kind-of wears away in small, unnoticeable amounts. Hedgehogs frequently sleep in long grass during the day and can suffer terribly from strimmer injuries, so it pays to check before you strim.

We've tested a range of cordless and corded strimmers, putting them through their paces across arange of grass and terrains, to help you find the right one for your garden.Unlike the nylon line you may be more familiar with using, these solid blades should never be used for the more normal grass trimming tasks. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom. A heavy duty strimmer line will need to be used if the area being trimmed has long grass or stubborn weeds growing. It has several adjustable features, so you can alter the length of the shaft from 115 to 133cm, change the angle of the trimmer head, and rotate this head to trim the edges of the lawn. The plastic blades tackle grass and woodier material well, and the 30-minute run time is one of the longest in our test.

just in case we need it, but we really only use that for brushcutting ( works like a charm, MUCH better/faster than using blades.How many times have you rolled up for an inititial site visit only to find that the job is not a good fit for your company?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment