276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Look What We Found Meals (Lamb Hotpot 2 x 250g)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Perfect for on the go whether you’re at work, school or running errands these delicious snacks are the ultimate go to.

As I had a microwave available I used that to heat up the meal, although it's as easily done in a saucepan over a gas stove. We are happy to say that this happens quite often; last week, it happened in the form of a food parcel. Although we're big fans of campsite cooking, there are times (such as when you've arrived late on a Friday evening and it's pouring with rain) where having a 'tastes like home' meal that could be ready in only a few minutes would be a major hassle-reliever.

The meals would make amazing lunches and dinners, especially if you're only cooking for one or two people.

Along with the 49p Bilash range of pre-cooked rice from Aldi (takes only a tiny amount of water in pot to heat it up) makes a quick, cheap and tasty meal. They produce several different types of meals that are packaged in pouches approximately 150mm x 200mm in size. It would get expensive to have one for dinner every night, but as that's not their intended purpose, they offer very good value for money.We all agreed that the variety of flavours available would suit most palates, and that they were very easy to cook and eat. They introduce themselves as a small team of people are passionate about great tasting food that doesn't need a fridge, is all natural and as good as homemade. Our selection of popular healthy snacks include Proper Chips, Barebells Milkshake and Protein Bars, Eat Real Chips and more. Some of you will remember that back in August, I wrote a blog post about one of my camp-eating experiments, in which I tried to heat up rice alongside a meal from ‘ Look What We Found‘. We had great fun cooking the meals over our campfire; quite easy to do when all you need is some boiling water (in fact the fire was so hot that it nearly melted the tops of the packets).

The potatoes weren't at all soggy (something I've experienced in other pre-packed camping meals) and the whole thing tasted like it had just come out of the slow cooker. The sounds of appreciation from happily munching youngsters were testimony to how tasty these meals are.

The other flavours that I haven't yet sampled include "Gloucestershire Old Spot Pork Meatballs with Butter Beans in a rich Tomato Sauce", "Mushroom Stroganoff with hand-picked Scottish Mushrooms" and "Fellside Beef Chilli con Carne". Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. For those not familiar, as ready meals go, they are pretty good, they do not need to be kept in the fridge, and have a shelf life of one year. It is always lovely to receive a present; but for the Two Blondes, it is even more lovely when we receive a present for our young people.

Well, the lovely LWWF folks liked my post and sent a whole box of goodies for our youngsters to enjoy on their recent DofE training expedition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment