276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6G

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The big question is what it adds up to: Did we really need the GeForce GTX 1660 Super, whether in Zotac Super Twin Fan form, or any form?

Since the adjacent fans rotate in the same direction, the airflow direction is opposite between the fans, which will cause turbulent airflow and reduce heat dissipation efficiency. Though the numbers tell one story, while actually watching the benchmark of Shadow of the Tomb Raider run, I saw it do well in some scenes (right in line with expectations), but then slow to a crawl in others, bringing the average down. In the event of a fault developing in the first 14 days of receiving your purchase, please get in touch with us as soon as possible, we will help you with troubleshooting and resolving the issue. With Axial-tech fans and Auto-Extreme technology, the Dual will keep pumping out frames long after competitors have bitten the dust. Dispersion Fan Blade: A cutting-edge steep curved blade design accelerates airflow, ensuring optimal cooling during intensive gaming sessions.Auto-Extreme Technology is an automated manufacturing process that sets new standards in the industry by allowing all soldering to be completed in a single pass.

Protection isn’t limited to just performance; a sturdy protection back plate secures the card’s components and gives it a sleek finish. Sorry VirtualLink hopefuls; you'll have to connect your VR headset the old-fashioned way on this one.Skill memory and SSD storage to ensure the GPU is the limiting factor in performance (as much as possible). Being a Super card can sometimes mean the headroom for overclocking is reduced, since the Super variants already represent the top-end of the power curve a particular GPU die is capable of handling. Afterburner Overclocking: Get unparalleled control and monitor real-time system metrics with the world-renowned MSI Afterburner software. For this review, Nvidia shipped me the EVGA GTX 1660 Super Ultra SC, which means it comes with a modest factory overclock.

Kingdom Come Deliverance has the 1660 Super performing very well again, beating the base model by a 9% margin to come in just 3 fps behind the 1660 Ti. Here we see that the new GTX 1660 Super delivered 88 fps on average across the entire range of games tested. Right out of the gate, the GeForce GTX 1660 Super performed right in line with what we would expect out of this card: about 15 percent faster than the original GTX 1660 (which we reviewed in Gigabyte trim), but still 5 percent slower than the GTX 1660 Ti. This time the 1660 Super was 12% faster than the base model, making it just a single frame slower than the 1660 Ti.In my free time, you’ll find me shredding the slopes on my snowboard in the Rocky Mountains where I live, or using my culinary-degree skills to whip up a dish in the kitchen for friends. The 11 games I'm testing include a pretty even mix of AMD and Nvidia promoted titles, currently with more AMD promoted games. With 6GB VRAM and upto 14Gbps of bandwidth, you can truly experience the clarity of next-generation gaming. With the GTX 1660 Super being the budget-to-midrange card it is, we weren't expecting it to smash any records in this department and graded it with that consideration in mind. This reduces thermal strain on components and avoids the use of harsh cleaning chemicals, resulting in less environmental impact, lower manufacturing power consumption, and a more reliable product overall.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment