276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hunky Dory (2015

£13.995£27.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That's not to say Hunky Dory isn't a good album. It is. I just believe he has better. I even prefer the two albums that predate it, the psychedelic folk of Space Oddity and the hard glam swagger of The Man Who Sold the World, and I certainly like quite a few after Hunky Dory more than itself. Ho-hum! I love David Bowie. He's a fantastic artist. Yet, no matter how many spins I give Hunky Dory, I just can't get into it. I'm not quite sure what it is about it. I think I find the sound of it not as exciting or eclectic as some of his other albums. Hunky Dory seems to benefit more from David Bowie's charismatic vocal performance than memorable melodies or unconventional songs (outside of the lyrics and delivery). Hunky Dory essentially set the pace for the entire rest of David Bowies long and wonderful career as the ever changing, ever inspiring, always revolutionary, trail blazing genius he is known as today. In addition to the vinyl picture disc, Parlophone are issuing a new mix of ‘Changes’ as a streaming single (listen below).

and 11 Produced by Ken Scott (assisted by The Actor). Recorded, engineered, and mixed by Ken Scott at Trident Studios, London The tri-fold insert has three portraits from the Brian Ward cover session on the outside, with the lyrics and credits on the inside. and 12 Produced by David Bowie and Ken Scott. Recorded and engineered by Ken Scott at Trident Studios, London Lyrically speaking Hunky Dory might just be his best written album. Both insightful, and insecure, we wouldnt get this personal with Bowie again until "Heros." And as songwriting as a whole goes, this IS David Bowies strongest. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment