276°
Posted 20 hours ago

After The Night

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

OMG (again..) it was so d@mn hertbreaking emotional. There, in the beginning had After the Night really true classic 'grand sob novel' status. ~ That little innocent baby brother!! Sob &Sigh!!! My heart broke... She was shaking her head before he’d finished speaking, the movement making the sleek bell of her hair swing about her face. “You wouldn’t do something like that,” she said with absolute conviction. “Any more than you would have left me the first note.” Nor did she know what else to do, except keep asking questions. Sooner or later, someone would be stung to respond.

Sure.” She led Faith to a table on which a large globe stood. “Here are all the maps and atlases. They’re updated yearly, so if it’s an older map you need, you’ll have to go to the archives.” The youngest Devlin boy was retarded. Gray had only seen him once or twice, and each time he had been clinging to the youngest girl's legs -- what was her name, damn it? Something he'd thought a minute ago had reminded him of it. Fay? Fay with the fey eyes? No, it was something else, but like that -- Faith. That was it. Funny name for a Devlin, since neither Amos nor Renee was the least bit religious. Faith Devlin (26), was a sweet and caring girl born to a drunk father and a whore of a mother. Fourth among five children it seemed she was the only responsible person in the family. Always a wanderer person she wished to take away her little brother who is ill and retarded, and to be someone of success instead of the labelled "trashy Devlins". When one night thrown away like a trash by the man she loved changes her life drastically. Very disappointing. I think I only finished because I usually like this author. The mystery/suspense was almost painful¸one of those in which the culprit would never get caught except that they start trying to kill the person who might have seen them do it. (Come on, if they had actually seen you do it, someone would have had a warrant out by now!) Not to mnetion that those attempts on her life were so feeble as to be almost laughable. I couldn't work up the slightest sense of apprehension.

Wrong color," Gray had said, his voice going hard and contempt leaking into the tone. Faith knew why. It was because Renee was sleeping with his father, Guy. She'd heard the way others talked about Renee, knew what "whore" meant. stars. Not enough relationship development. She’s mad at him for most of the story. Some plot details were missing. Well, the heroine thinks about the breadth of the hero's shoulders and the mature and muscled depth of his chest. She keeps thinking "how his hard and warm his body felt against hers in that brief moment when they collided, and she mentally shies away from the intimacy implied". It turns out the Jaclyn saw the probable murderer as she was leaving the meeting with Carrie. She was so upset and angry that she didn't really notice him other than that he was a grey-haired man driving some kind of silver car. Eric investigates Carrie's murder by interviewing her family and friends and discovers that quite a number of people want her dead. His fears that the murder will come after Jaclyn for fear that she recognized him are realized when Jaclyn becomes a near victim of a drive-by shooting. Prescott being the size it was, finding Meadowlark Drive took less than five minutes. The subdivision included acreage, rather than just lots, so the houses were fewer and farther apart than normal. There probably weren’t many people in Prescott who could afford to build there, either, as the houses looked to be in the two-hundred-thousand range. In the Northeast and along the West Coast, they would have been worth a cool million, easy.

I'm in love with Gray and Faith.❤ I absolutely loved their banter and their enemies-to-lovers story. There is a mystery that connects them to their ugly past. It was easy to guess who the culprit was, but the romance is the most enjoyable aspect of this amazing book. 💕 my first book by this author and definitely won't be the last. The blusher-pinkened cheeks paled a bit. “About Guy?” Her hands fluttered a bit, then she clasped them in her lap. “Why ask me?” Faith Devlin ~No one expected her to amount to much. She had been a fragile little girl within a family that everyone considered trash. But Faith was strong and knew differently. Life had thrown that final blow 12 years earlier, a blow that only strengthened her resolve to prove everyone wrong. She wasn’t looking for redemption. She just wanted to go home. Returning home would mean searching for answers to questions from her past and it also meant facing the one man that she has loved for as long as she can remember. Would she be strong enough to stand up to him and the people who rejected her? She had been on her way to town for yet another factfinding mission, this time to try having a word with Yolanda Foster, so there was a certain irony to the timing of the note’s appearance. After a moment’s consideration, she decided that she was still going to try. If the writer wanted her to take the threat seriously, he or she would have to be more specific. Faith?” Something of her terror must have been evident in the one word she’d spoken, because his voice became very calm. “What is it?”Faith stared at them, her eyes burning. She wasn't jealous. Gray was so far above her, and she was so young, that she had never thought of him in a romantic, possessive sense. Gray was the shining center of her universe, to be worshiped from afar, and she was giddily happy with the occasional glimpse of him. Today, when he had actually spoken to her, and touched her shirt, had been paradise. She couldn't imagine herself in Lindsey's place, lying naked in his arms, or even imagine what it felt like. What he’d just had with Faith was as powerful and unstoppable as an avalanche, a fire that left him scorched and already needing to feel the flame again.He himself wanted her with a fierce need that both alarmed and disgusted him" Danger glittered in those dark eyes, and before she knew it, he was right in front of her again, almost playfully pinching her chin. "You’re a ballsy little babe, aren’t you? Maybe too ballsy for your own good. Don’t take me on in a fight, sweet thing, because you’ll get hurt."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment