276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Epic Oats Cherry Bakewell Instant Porridge Pot with Granola topping - 12 x 60 g pots - High in Protein and High in Fibre

£1.23£2.46Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Epic Oats trademark was assigned an Application Number # UK00003587531 by the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO). It takes 5 minutes or less to assemble the ingredients in a jar and store them in the fridge, where the oats practically “cook” themselves overnight.

A single 195g pot contains 14g of protein and it contains 67% less sugar than the market leading product with approximately just 5g of sugar in each pot. (This figure has been taken by comparing Epic Oats Original oat pot with Quakers Golden Syrup Porridge Pot. Per 100g, Epic Oats Original contains 5.2g of sugar and Quakers Golden Syrup contains 16g). When you wake up, all you have to do is grab a spoon and enjoy an epic breakfast that will keep you full for many hours. There is much more scrutiny on cereal brands to stop misleading consumers with deceptively healthy products and Epic Oats is keen to stand out as the healthiest oat pot there is.” Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats taste like dessert! Oats have a neutral flavor that absorb whatever you add to them, meaning: this recipe tastes like that irresistible combination of chocolate and peanut butter!The dream is to become a global brand. I live between London and LA and I could really envision the brand in LA, where there is such a big culture around health and nutrition in both food and lifestyle but also the rest of the U.S too. Daniel Knightley, founder of Epic Oats said: “Our range of British oat pots have been created with both taste and health in mind. We spent a long time perfecting the additional crunchy granola topping so it offers something unique to the category.

British Epic Oats has developed an innovative porridge pot range which has a separate granola topping in three quintessentially British flavours; Apple Crumble, Cherry Bakewell and Original. It launches into the independent, retail and health food market in June 2022. Well I have a rather illustrious past. I’m an airline pilot by profession, which of course comes with its ups and downs…pun intended. Combined with a heavy dose of the performing arts; I have been in lots of commercials, indie films and extra work which has been great for building my confidence, resilience and determination - key things in having a business. This also isn’t my first attempt at running a business. I developed an app about 12 years ago called “screaming Steve” which was a complete and utter fail! But it was one hell of a learning curve for me. You don’t! is the short answer to that. It’s how you process it in the moment. I’ve realised it's heavily associated with life experiences and other careers I’ve been in. Without those experiences, I would not have handled obstacles as effectively. Also with a heavy dose of trial and error.Epic Oats has faced into these challenges and created the healthiest instant-oat pot range in the UK which is the only one of its kind to have a top-hat of delicious crunchy granola which can be stirred into the comforting oats. I will of course get comments saying “ewww raisins” and I get the hate – a lot of people don’t like raisins, but this flavour is ICONIC. It is beyond epic and I am in love. It’s amazing. Also, these have cinnamon in which can be just as controversial! Anyway… Recipe The texture for these is lovely and soft, but the outside is quite chewy – and that’s the best thing ever. The raisins give a softer texture, just like you would get with chocolate chips (side note, if you don’t like raisins, you can use chocolate chips in them!). Sugar On-the-go porridge pots may seem like a healthy option but they can be loaded with added sugar, salt and fat.

The business will always run at your pace. If you stop, the business stops. You are the driving force behind it all. Despite having employees and/or consultants on board. It's all reliant on YOU! Which of course is a lot of pressure but I am happy to be the driving force behind Epic Oats. The oat and granola combo is innovative as it adds flavour and texture to the three flavours in their range: Original, Cherry Bakewell and Apple Crumble. Yes, that’s correct… I’ve finally published my oatmeal raisin cookie recipe! Let the celebration begin because oh holy moly you guys kept asking for them!! Say hello to your other new cookie obsession!A single Epic Oats pot contain 67% less sugar than the market-leading instant porridge pot brand with just 5g of sugar per pot, compared to 14g in a Quakers Golden Syrup pot. Daniel Knightley, Oat Baron of Epic Oats said: “I really struggled to find a convenient oat pot that wasn’t crammed full of sugar so I developed Epic Oats. They’re perfectly balanced between health and taste with a crunchy dessert-inspired granola topping that people will love. I’ve seen varying recipes for these over the years, with some using far more oats, and some using far less – but I found my personal favourite was a 50/50 mix! You get enough oats for that delicious flavour, but also enough flour to make sure it remains a good cookie!

The best part is that these chocolate overnight oats are ridiculously delicious, like eating a piece of cake, but good for you! What Does This Recipe Taste Like I use plain flour, and add in baking powder – but you can use 150g of self raising, and remove the baking powder from the recipe! One thing that is different with these, is I do find you have to squish the cookie slightly before baking.

Disclaimer

Data from Kantar suggests that the natural & wholesome cereal category, mostly consisting of granola and muesli, has seen the most YOY growth with consumers actively looking for health conscious brands. How did you conquer those moments of doubt that so often affect entrepreneurs or stop many with great ideas - what pushes you through? We worked closely with the founder, Daniel Knightly, to understand the key messaging of the brand, its objectives and target market, developing a cohesive communications strategy that was tailored to the key, relevant moments throughout the year. Tapping into the wider social conversation around healthy eating and introduction of HFSS guidelines, we helped position the product as a must-have product for health conscious people. We sparked conversation with journalists on the health, food and lifestyle desks of national newspapers, monthly magazines and key trade titles including The Grocer and Onboard Hospitality. We have secured national print media coverage in titles such as The Mirror, Metro and Daily Express with more to come. A lot of work went into finding the right ingredients for Epic Oats; the granola in each Epic Oats flavour is completely distinct, formulated in a way for optimum sensory enjoyment. I wanted to create almost like a ‘deconstructed dessert’ but in a healthy form, with flavours that were nostalgic and deliciously aromatic. But of course, creating a product with such low sugar and no hidden secrets, was never going to be easy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment