276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Babyliss Pro FX-8700 Barber Clippers, Gold Hair Trimmer, 1500 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I think lubricating the cutters twice a week should suffice and ensure optimal performance while also reducing friction and heat. The Babyliss Pro Lo-Pro FX Skeleton Trimmer has a fully exposed T-Blade giving the 360° visibility needed for intricate work. Carrying forward the same inner workings as the clipper. The trimmer features a high-performance lithium battery giving 120 minutes of continuous runtime from a 3 hour fast charge. Brushless Motor: The Ferrari-designed high-efficiency engine promises efficient trims. You can choose between a 6,000 RPM or 7,000 RPM speed, which, while not as speedy as a Ferrari sports car, is pretty good for clippers! This high, customizable RPM ensures a hasty cut tailored to your needs.

In case of the Arc 5 and 6, you can also shave wet which can improve the closeness even more and make them more comfortable. I find them not quite as forgiving as the S9 Pro, but still more comfortable than the BaBylissPRO FOILFX02 when used dry. So if you have a sensitive scalp, going for an Arc 5 or 6 and a quality shaving cream could be a good option. Also, I’m able to finish a session faster with the S9 Pro because it’s more forgiving (so faster strokes) and the 4 cutters are more flexible and conform easier to the shave of the head. The Pro FX3 Hair Clipper is a gem in the grooming sector. Its sharp and deep-toothed cutting blade snips hair precisely, consistently. That is the case regardless if you use it to shave facial hair, blend a skin fade or shave your head.

Some users have mentioned initial discomfort on sensitive skin, so we recommend cleansing, patch testing, and following with face lotion to minimize irritation. Others have expressed concern over the absence of a USB charger and blade guards. So if you want to use the BaBylissPRO FOILFX02 as your main shaver (for the face), only consider it if you normally shave often, preferably daily or every other day. Fitted with a low friction, lower temperature graphite zero-gap adjustable wedge blade for ultimate cutting performance.

The battery life is nowhere near as good compared to the BaBylissPRO FOILFX02, but the ProFoil is still able to provide a respectable one hour of cordless use. The BaByliss PRO FOILFX02 is fitted with a beefy rechargeable battery that provides up to 3 hours of cordless use.It’s the same with rotary head shavers like the Balder Pro or the Skull Shaver Pitbull. Cleaning and maintenance And that’s because the cutters rub right against the foils for that really close shave and the foils themselves are very thin, so they’ll wear out faster. While the Clipper may have a few areas of improvement, its unique features and consistent performance make it a valuable asset for professional barbers and those seeking a top-quality grooming tool at home. For a close shave, the Panasonic Arc 5 and 6 (both shave equally close) or the BaBylissPRO FOILFX02 are the ones to get. Both have their own pros and cons though. Tip: if you’re a barber, get the Andis ProFoil Plus Titanium (17200) instead of the regular ProFoil. It has a very grippy rubber sleeve and a handy charging stand and costs only slightly more.

Then I moved to the Panasonic Arc 4 that I used for many years and that shaver is still working very well, I gave it to my father and he is happy with it. I think the choice should be between the Panasonic shavers or the BaBylissPRO. I think the latter has a slight advantage when it comes to the closeness of a dry shave and the fantastic battery life, but for everything else (comfort, versatility, speed, wet/dry use), the Panasonic shavers have the edge. My first sahver was a Philips Norelco, it was not the best but it was enough for my first years of growing a beard. By the time I rember that I tried one of these barber style shaver and it was much closer the shave than the obtained with the Norelco, but the fouls didn’t last long enough. The Series 9 Pro is by far the most enjoyable to use and will also be the fastest (the time it takes to complete a head shave) because the cutting elements have a greater range of motion and the flexing of the head really helps. This is ideal when shaving a spherical and bony surface like the skull. That said, the weakness of this shaver is the closeness. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still adequate and good enough for most, but the other ones will shave a bit closer which I understand is the most important aspect for you. This BaBylissPRO works really well for that, although I would have preferred slightly narrower foils.For home users, these features don’t really make a big difference, but for a professional, they’re really nice to have. If you rinse the foil frame under the tap, make sure to shake off the water and let it air dry detached from the shaver. That said, if you plan on using the FXFS2 as your main shaver (for facial hair), you should consider that it only performs well on short stubble.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment