276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Her Majesty. A Photographic History 1926–2022

£25£50.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Afterwards The Queen and members of the Royal Family attended a lunch at the Guildhall, in which The Queen made a speech. She declared, 'My Lord Mayor, when I was twenty-one I pledged my life to the service of our people and I asked for God's help to make good that vow. Although that vow was made in my salad days, when I was green in judgement, I do not regret nor retract one word of it.' The Queen refuses to believe she employed sleeper agents, and decides to launch her own investigation. Since Elizabeth can't run around the country interviewing people herself, she enlists the help of her Assistant Private Secretary Rozie Oshodi - an attractive, ex-army, Anglo-Nigerian woman who's clever, discreet, and good at data-mining social media.

Her Majesty The Queen - book of condolence | The Church of Her Majesty The Queen - book of condolence | The Church of

Princess Elizabeth's platinum and diamond engagement ring was made by the jewellers, Philip Antrobus Ltd, using diamonds from a tiara belonging to Prince Philip's mother.

The Duke of Cambridge paid tribute to his 'Granny', speaking of Her Majesty's strong health, relentless energy, her sharp wit and for being at the helm of her family, nation and Commonwealth. The Sapphire Jubilee Princess Elizabeth also learned French from a number of French and Belgian governesses. It is a skill which has stood The Queen in good stead, as she often has cause to use it when speaking to ambassadors and heads of state from French-speaking countries, and when visiting French-speaking areas of Canada. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of our Majesty The Queen. A lady who has been a role model of strength, integrity and compassion to our country and beyond. A presence in our lives for generations. the only monarch that children, parents and grandparents of families have known and loved throughout their lives. During this time of mourning, we will also celebrate and be humbled by the privilege of her leadership of our nation. God bless The Queen. The climax of the national celebrations came in early June. On the evening of Monday 6 June, The Queen lit a bonfire beacon at Windsor which started a chain of beacons across the country. On Tuesday 7 June, vast crowds saw The Queen drive in the Gold State Coach to St Paul's Cathedral for a Service of Thanksgiving attended by heads of state from around the world and former prime ministers of the UK. Collective Worship and suggested follow-up resources to be used as we remember and give thanks for the life of Her Majesty the Queen

SJ Bennett

Television brought home to hundreds of thousands of people around the Commonwealth the splendour and significance of the Coronation in a way never before possible.The Windsor Knot is the first installment of a cozy mystery series set in England, called Her Majesty the Queen Investigates. As the title suggests, Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II is the detective, solving a crime that happens in her castle.

Goodreads The Windsor Knot by S.J. Bennett | Goodreads

Of course the Queen cannot do her own investigating, so she enlists her Assistant Private Secretary, Rozie Oshodi, a young British Nigerian woman. Rozie soon discovers that QEII has a habit of drafting her APS in this role, as they will listen to her and actually hear what she's saying. As an earlier secretary tells Rozie, “The Queen solves mysteries. She solved the first one when she was twelve or thirteen, so the story goes. On her own. She sees things other people don't see--often because they're all looking at her. She knows so much about so many things. She's got an eagle eye, a nose for bullshit, and a fabulous memory. Her staff should trust her more." embed_content nid="39405" show_title="true" show_submitted="true" show_meta="true" show_terms="true" show_links="true"][/embed_content]Trooping the Colour marked Her Majesty’s official birthday as it does every year, but to mark the special occasion, a spectacular flypast and a 'feu de joie' (fire of joy) were added to the traditional celebrations.

Her Majesty The Queen | The Church of England Remembering Her Majesty The Queen | The Church of England

I find it difficult to call this story a "cozy mystery" since a murder is involved, but I do love that Queen Elizabeth is a modern-day Nancy Drew! I wouldn't be surprised if Her Majesty was aware of this particular book! The woman knew everything! I'll admit I squealed with delight when I first read the synopsis for this book. I didn't know how much I needed a story featuring Queen Elizabeth II solving mysteries until that very moment. And for the most part, this book was everything I hoped it would be, a light and fun, easy read.February 2017 marked 65 years since The Queen acceded to the throne, becoming the first British Monarch to mark their Sapphire Jubilee. However, Elizabeth is too shrewd to be fobbed off with half a story, and insists on knowing everything. Unknown to Holcroft, Elizabeth has been secretly solving mysteries since she was a teenager. I'm admittedly a Royal Watcher. My favorite royal has always been Queen Elizabeth II. What an amazing woman. In this book, I love how QEII deadpans her comments. Who doesn't love her frankness and matter-of-fact responses? Prince Philip is hilarious at the ripe-old-age of 94. Their conversations together are hysterically funny. She received tuition from her father, as well as sessions with Henry Marten, the Vice-Provost of Eton. She was also instructed in religion by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment