276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Funko POP! Vinyl Star Wars: IG-11 - the Mandalorian - Collectable Vinyl Figure - Gift Idea - Official Merchandise - Toys for Kids & Adults - TV Fans - Model Figure for Collectors and Display

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Reis O'Brien: For the flying Dark Trooper, beyond the excellent sculpt, what really needed to be captured here was the sad little face on Grogu, with his little baby hand reaching out to Mando. When I first saw it, my heart almost broke! The season was also peppered with unexpected alliances, hidden agendas, and tense face-offs. Dr. Pershing’s encounter with Elia Kane and their subsequent plot aboard a decommissioned Imperial-class Star Destroyer showcased that the line between friend and foe isn’t always clear. Brian Merten: The one with the scars was by far the hardest of the three Boba Fett Pops! With the un-helmeted version it really came down to how prominent and noticeable the scars should be -- this one also took multiple revisions to create.

Funko POP! Star Wars: the Mandalorian - Grogu (the Child Funko POP! Star Wars: the Mandalorian - Grogu (the Child

StarWars.com: Let's walk through the sculpts of each one so you can call out some of the fine details or highlight areas that were challenging. The valiant Mandalorians had to rally together to defend their homeland, leading to some of the most riveting combat scenes yet.Brian Merten: Well, a funny thing happened on the way to the seeing stone...just before our touch bases we each told the other that we had a great idea to share. Turns out we each had a Grogu topped seeing stone in mind. This is the way, right? I think when it comes to lights and sounds in Pop!, we both wanted to top the previous Vader and Kylo, which were so awesome. Grogu on the seeing stone is such an important story moment and we both knew it would make a great Pop!, especially adding the lights and sounds. Brian Merten: I think one of the hardest parts of designing and working on Pop! is the form itself, especially for un-helmeted characters. In terms of the normal cues that help us identify an actual character likeness, Pop! is quite limited. With Luke's likeness, you really only have eyebrows and hair style to work with so those need to be spot on. The designers out there know how hard it is to simplify things and still have them deliver the message that you want them to. title=>"Ahsoka", :url=>"https://www.starwars.com/news/category/ahsoka"} {:title=>"Disney+", :url=>"https://www.starwars.com/news/category/disney+"} Ahsoka Extras: “Part Seven: Dreams and Madness” Fans of the Frog Lady from The Mandalorian, rejoice! The new mom and patient Grogu sitter is joining the next wave of Star Wars Funko Pop! bobbleheads based on characters and moments from the second season of the Disney+ series. If you thought Din Djarin and Grogu’s adventures couldn’t get any more thrilling, this season certainly proved us wrong.

Funko Pop Star Wars Mandalorian Checklist, Exclusives Gallery Funko Pop Star Wars Mandalorian Checklist, Exclusives Gallery

Recently, StarWars.com sat down with Lucasfilm's senior manager of product design Brian Merten and Funko's creative director Reis O'Brien to talk about the challenges of capturing Boba Fett's scars, replicating Fennec Shand's fox-like hair, and capturing Grogu's full range of emotion. Front and center, Grogu remains a scene-stealer. Is there anything cuter than those big, curious eyes, you might wonder. title=>"Ahsoka", :url=>"https://www.starwars.com/news/category/ahsoka"} {:title=>"Disney+", :url=>"https://www.starwars.com/news/category/disney+"} Ahsoka Episode Guides Now Available!

Fennec was another fun one to work on, because all of her attitude needs to be relayed in her pose. You have to find a delicate mix of calm but dangerous. And Fennec's hair was extremely challenging from a production perspective.

Funko POP! Toys | Figures | Vinyl | Smyths Toys Funko POP! Toys | Figures | Vinyl | Smyths Toys

Reis O'Brien: Too much and it’s a bit gory, too little and you lose some of the personality of the character. Those scars speak of an untold story, so they needed to be represented perfect in the Pop!With her captivating golden mask, the Armorer brings memories of Mando’s pivotal moments and internal conflicts. And let’s not sideline the dynamic duo, Peli Motto with Grogu, encapsulating the series’ heartwarming essence. Starting off, we saw the ceremonial induction of a young child, Ragnar Vizsla, into the Mandalorian tribe, only to be abruptly interrupted by a Dinosaur Turtle.

Mandalorian - Pop In A Box The Mandalorian - Pop In A Box

Brian Merten: Thanks for taking the time to interview us! Some characters are obvious first choices that rise to the top; with others, we like to keep the offering fresh and exciting. Maybe even throwing in a little unpredictability, surprise and delight as they say. That's where characters like the Frog Lady and the Gamorrean fighter come in. For this, we did have a little bit of conversation and easily landed on the Frog Lady. I would imagine that you're pleased that we didn't land on an ice spider. Hey there, I'm Princess. I’m an annual comic con attendee, Star Wars-loving, and collector freak. My mission is simple: To bring cool geeky news and content and share my passion with the rest of the world. title=>"Ahsoka", :url=>"https://www.starwars.com/news/category/ahsoka"} {:title=>"Disney+", :url=>"https://www.starwars.com/news/category/disney+"} Who's Watching Sabine Wren’s Loth-cat? And who could forget the moment she plunged into the Living Waters to save Din Djarin? The reappearance of the Mythosaur added another layer of complexity to her story.This is technically a production variant but it displays more chrome armor compared to the base figure. The Mandalorian,” the hit live-action Star Wars series on Disney+, has spawned a line of popular Funko Pops, featuring various characters from the show. Keeping up with all the available Pops, however, can be challenging.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment