276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BOSS Rc-300 Loop Station, Three Stereo Tracks with Dedicated Footswitches And Controls for Each; Xlr Microphone Input & Usb Storage

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The main use of this is for syncing external MIDI devices, but it can also be used to control the RC-300 via an external MIDI device. The RC-50, on the other hand, can sync to most any Midi source that sends a Midi START message when it goes on. AUX Input is also a standout feature that will let players record other external stereo audio sources and use them for their loop performances. Despite everything the '300 is a great device and - how wondering - if you want to get mor out of a looper, you must dive the software universe. As well as clever 'Auto Recording' and 'Count in' modes you can also undo and redo on the go with the seemingly endless 3 hour loop time!

Dozens of rhythm types are onboard, including rock, pop, shuffle, Latin, and more - in other words, there's loads to choose from.

So while it shouldn't have to be, the fact is that the built-in effects cover some other shortcomings here in a way the 50 cannot.

The lucky few who have already tried newer loopers report sound quality and headroom improvement, better at retaining sound fidelity when doing multiple overdubs. The ability to switch drum patterns with a pedal press is also welcome and great, though I didn't get to try it much. The only weakness worth mentioning is that it is sometimes difficult to navigate the menu when it comes to particular effects. The Boss engineers must have forgotten they included this feature the first time around (it's not in the manual).But my perception changed after watching a live looping clip of Norwegian musician Jarle Bernhoft - his funky guitar playing, soulful vocals and creative looping resulted in very organic and musical one-man-band performances. That's not a quick tweak, but a full multi-point setup by an experienced guitar technician who will check and adjust every single thing on your guitar, bass, ukulele or banjo to ensure it is performing at its absolute best. There is still no way to go straight into overdub when activating a track that already has a recording on it. And if you record in Multi mode, you'll want to hit it at the last moment anyway since you can't record on two Phrases to begin with, and you can set them to by synchonized so that the risk is minimal.

While this is not optimal, it's not a bad solution for me since the Phrase-specific Undos are only important to me when I'm not currently using the track, anyway. These high quality effects, inspired by BOSS's legendary stompbox circuits, can be applied to any single track as well as to the entire mix and feature a LOOP FX footswitch for instant activation.The "Auto Recording" feature starts recording the moment you begin playing your instrument, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. This really belongs in the Effects section, but the Pitch Shifter has looping uses that must not be ignored. while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

I also thought I was going to need external pedals for these, but you can hold down one of the three phrases for 2 seconds to activate it. For another, both the expansion jacks can function as Midi expression jacks, where the 50 has only 1 that can do this (though it can do additional ones through the MIDI IN). But if I were using it with Multi Mode a lot and wanted to fade specific tracks in and out, I'd be pretty annoyed that the Current Volume assignment is missing. In addition to recording your instrument performances and turning them into playable loops, you can record other external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN.Andertons Music Company is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm registration number 716155. Single Mode enthusiasts might still prefer the RC-50 layout despite not having those nice dedicated clears. This is compounded by the new button layout - where there was once a dedicated Undo/Redo button, you now have to hold down the Phrase button you'd like to undo for 2 seconds. In the 50's defense, it synced to everything else I tried just fine (tremelos, step filters, drum machines, etc). When you use this driver version, the RC-300 system program MUST be updated to the latest version (Ver.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment