276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kings Rib Eye Flavour Beef Biltong Box of 16 x 35g Packs

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The deal is the perfect fit for Kings Biltong; New World Foods Europe share our ethos for producing high quality, great tasting products and with its manufacturing experience, together we can take Kings Biltong to the next level.”​

As part of the contract, Kings Biltong is also set to receive a full brand refresh, to be supported by a fully integrated marketing campaign. The campaign will be led by Kings Biltong director Charlie Simpson-Daniel and New World Foods Europe md Roland Froebel.

Get yours now

Kings Biltong director Charlie Simpson-Daniel said: "We’re thrilled to have shaken hands with Roland and the team at New World Foods Europe.

Biltong was originally created by Dutch pioneers in South Africa, “Voortrekkers”, who needed reliable food sources on their long treks across the continent. The method and spice mix hasn’t changed much in hundreds of years, but a few variations have appeared recently, like ‘piri piri’ biltong and the use of additional ingredients like worcestershire sauce and dried chillies. Curing process I dare say that had our first foray into biltong been with the wonderfully branded Kings Biltong then it could have been a whole different story and we’d likely be surrounded by all sort of biltong detritus as we speak. If you’ve ever tried cutting over-dried biltong, you’ll know how tough it can be—tough as old boots! In desperation, I’ve taken to resting a knife on top of some over-dried biltong and hitting it with a camping mallet (not recommended, and not only because I upset the neighbours and smashed the chopping board!). There are a lot of creative, almost ceremonial devices on cutting biltong, but I think nothing beats a good, sharp knife. If you want something a little more fancy, there are biltong cutters (a board with a hinged knife attached), biltong knives (traditional knives made for purpose), hand crank mechanical cutters, and at the high end, expensive elecric cutters, mostly used by butchers and biltong suppliers. Dealing with mould New World Foods Europe current UK product range portfolio includes Mariani Soft Beef Jerky, Bare Earth biltong and also caters for numerous customer branded products.Opinions vary on curing methods, spice mixes and drying conditions, and there is a lot of misinformation around, so trial and error has been my friend. Some recipes call for several stages of curing and washing off spices, reapplying them, etc—this is not necessary. I don’t like to throw away good spices, so I coat once, leave to cure in the fridge, pat dry, then hang with no additional stages. Why wash off and waste all that good flavour? It’s easy to over-salt biltong, making it almost unbearable to eat in bigger quantities (let’s face it, who’s going to only eat a little biltong?), and too much salt can leave a burning sensation, so many recipes call for the salt to be washed off with a water/vinegar solution. My answer? Use less salt! Vinegar does a perfectly good job of sterilising the meat without mountains of salt. The salt is an excellent flavour enhancer and should definitely be included—just a little less to avoid the need for washing. Temperature and airflow So, as a self-professed Biltong expert, here are my choices for the best Biltong you can buy in the UK! Here are some notes on the ingredients used in this recipe. Please see the recipe card for quantities.

New World Foods Europe would integrate the production of Malton-based Kings Biltong into its York headquarters, boosting its output and taking it into the jerky category, Kings Biltong confirmed in a statement. Kings Biltong director Charlie Simpson-Daniel said: “We’re thrilled to have shaken hands with Roland and the team at New World Foods Europe. It’s a progressive move that will allow us to cater for the increasing consumer demand for Kings Biltong. Kings Biltong is the official supplier of Gloucester Rugby, Yorkshire CCC and Lancashire CCC, while New World Foods Europe current UK product range portfolio includes Mariani Soft Beef Jerky and Bare Earth biltong.New World Foods Europe’s current UK product range portfolio includes Mariani Soft Beef Jerky and Bare Earth biltong and also caters for numerous customer branded products. We were tremendously impressed when we met Charlie, not just in the product itself, but with his passion, drive and vision for Kings Biltong,”​ said Froebel. “He will be a great addition to the team we’re building at New World Foods Europe. ​

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment