276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jaybird Vista True Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Charging Case - IPX7 Waterproof and Sweatproof Earphones, 16 Hour Playtime Siri Enabled In-Ear Earbuds for Sport, Running, Fitness, Gym - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Connectivity and Stability Issues: Some users have reported connection issues and intermittent drops in audio quality. These issues could potentially be improved in the next release by using newer Bluetooth technology.

Finally, as for audio quality – I’m not an audiophile, and I won’t claim to be. I’m a sport guy. And by and large, when I’m toughing it through an interval workout or riding a bike, having astounding audio quality isn’t really high on my list. Instead, I’m looking for reliability of connection to sport-specific scenarios, device durability, whether or not the buds/device falls out, how it handles things like wind, or other noises on the route. So if you have a Garmin watch, I would advice not to buy Jbird earbuds, till Garmin and Jbird find a solution.When you have a pair of wireless buds that are brimming with great features, they can quite often let you down sonically. With this in mind, all the while knowing how small and lightweight the Vista earphones are, we weren’t expecting these buds to deliver the best in terms of audio performance. The new buds have the same behaviour: they work perfectly fine with phone and TV, but as soon as I connect them with the Garmin FR945, after about 15 minutes I have a disconnection.

The tips of the buds create a secure and well-sealed fit that allows improved audio precision, and less harmonic distortion, leading to a wonderful balance of great sound and warm bass. In the box, you’ll find 3 different sets of silicone Eargel tips and wings to choose from depending on your ear shape and size, this will ensure the best quality seal for your ear shape and the most immersive experience possible. Jaybird Vista 2 Battery Life Another small design addition worth highlighting is the raised surface around the L and R to help identify the buds—it’s a nice touch for visually impaired users in particular. Good but also very immersive because of the excellent ear seal. Lots of adjustability is a big help also. They’ve also completed testing against MIL-STD-810G, which is a US military standard for how you can test devices in certain environmental conditions. Jaybird says they aren’t aligning to any military here, but simply noting that their product exceeds ruggedness standards that are well defined in this spec. The comfort helps justify the slightly higher price, but it's not the only string to Jaybird's bow.Comfort. Jaybird's headphones are some of the most comfortable – if not the most comfortable – we've tested. In our review, we noted that the Vista 2 earbuds pop into your ears without any fuss, while the discreet wing helps them stay there during even the jerkiest of head movements. Three sizes of interchangeable eartips (or ‘Sport Eargels’, as Jaybird calls them) accommodate various ear types, too. One member of the What Hi-Fi? team swears by them for runs. They don’t go very loud, so if you’re hoping to completely drown out the outside world, these aren’t the earbuds for it. Nonetheless, the firm fit provides great sound isolation, and the Vista earbuds manage to hold the audio detail together right up the loudest it can go. This price point puts the Jaybird Vista 2 in competition with the likes of the Bose Sport Earbuds.Read our Jabra Elite Active 75t review and Sony’s WF-SP800N review for other similarly-priced rivals. The downsides? There’s always one, right? This time, it’s that there’s no active noise cancellation. Still, the secure fit of the buds offers a decent level of sound isolation, so it’s not all bad. Jaybird Vista revew: Workout performance For starters, they have a wealth of wing tip options. This makes it easy to get a solid seal and during testing they offered one of the most stable seals and fits I’ve ever had on a set of true wireless earbuds.

For a similar price but a different listening experience, read our Sony LinkBuds review, which have an open-ringdesign that leaves your ear canals totally free to hear your environment while you workout.As is usually the case, I’ve had ZERO dropouts on any of my workouts with the Garmin FR945 LTE. This is pretty similar with most recent Garmin watches (compared to the first few models of watches where they added music connectivity). These days, most headphone companies that focus on sports, and most watch companies that do music, have figured out how to work together happily. And in this case, it was indeed happily.” True wireless often means making do with the audio compression over Bluetooth, but Jaybird averts the worst of this by connecting directly to each earbud, instead of having them connect to each other. (This also means you can use the left or right earbud by itself, if you really need to draw out the battery life or hear incoming cars.) The case also charges via USB-C, and can top-off your buds up to an hour’s worth of playing time in 5 minutes (the same as the Vista 1).

In any event, here’s what’s new on the Jaybird Vista 2, compared to the original Vista from two years ago.Battery life on the Vista is reasonably good. The six hour quoted live for the buds rang true during testing and is above average for a true wireless set. But the case’s 10 hour life is a little on the short side and means you’ll only get one full charge out of it before you need to reconnect it to the mains. The build here is functional and un-fussy. The brushed, rubberised plastic provides enough grip for them to not leap from our hand; the chord loop on the small case is useful and the neon yellow interior of the case is perfect for locating the buds on an early-morning run. Everything is designed with the runner in mind. In this Jaybird Vista 2 review I go over the key features, and why they matter in the real world, what these Jaybird wireless earbuds are like for running, how they compare to the original Vista, where to buy them, an image gallery, and my final rating with pros and cons. We didn’t get the opportunity to battle particularly windy conditions as we were hit with a mini heatwave during our tests, but any help to keep the wind at bay without compromising the bud design can only be a good thing in our book. Vista 2 is designed to survive, real-world tested, and guaranteed to perform. Jaybird also says they are crushproof which means you could accidentally stand on an earbud, and it should be able to handle it – I haven’t tested this myself however.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment