276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AUTOSOCK 697 Size-697 Tire Chain Alternative

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Then found that chains are not possible for my Freelander 2 wheels due to the wheel size and lack of clearance between the wheel and the brake sensors and suspension struts. You must follow the makers guidelines on use particularly on steep hills and avoid if possible heavy braking.

Works well on even rwd vehicles; we could move on snowy country lanes when most others were struggling.AutoSock 697 snow socks are so simple to fit that they require no practice and only take a couple of minutes to install even with freezing fingers!

AutoSock are super-strong textile socks which you pull over the driving wheels to provide the grip you need on ice and snow. Full instructions are shown on each bag which, being fully waterproof, is also designed for easy and clean carrying of dirty AutoSock once you've taken them off the wheels (pull them off with the orange straps).I drove a few yards and got out and checked - they had self centred wonderfully - no need to faff around getting them perfect - as you drive forward they align themselves nicely. When they do get too holey, I WILL replace them - they are cheaper and more effective than snow tyres. e. pull off slowly, stay in as high a gear as possible, “anticipate” even more than normal, avoid hard braking. The hardest part was putting the socks on, there is very little room on my car between the tyres and the wing so it took much longer than I expected, but it was well.

The neighbours were getting ready to try and push me up the road and were amazed to see me drive off, up a relatively steep and very icy road with virtually no wheel spin. Traction was remarkable and I was even able to pull onto the side of country lanes to let others past, areas that were deeper in snow through lack of traffic.After being stuck on the road outside my home (only after six neighbours helped push my car onto my drive, because I was blocking my narrow rural road) during the snows of 2010, I was advised by my Jaguar dealer to obtain snow-socks. My friends wedding was nearly without flowers when the car carrying the table flowers got stuck at the bottom of a steep snowy hill on the A25. I drove on, and was immediately impressed at how much grip they gave - I felt much less like I was trying to gingerly steer a duck on an ice rink.

Works on all vehicles with low clearance between the tyre and the body, as well as with all electronic safety systems (ESP, ABS). AutoSock is the first snowsock product worldwide to have been tested and approved to the European standard EN16662-1:2020 for "supplementary grip devices" - this includes not only metal snow chains but also devices made from other materials. On the few occasions I have needed them they worked perfectly and got me over nasty packed snow that I would not have managed with out them. their house was at the bottom of a hill, and my car full with five people would not go up the hill at all.AutoSock is the first snowsock product worldwide to have been tested and approved to EN16662-1:2020; we have no idea whether any other snowsocks have met this standard. However these autosocks made it possible with ease and i could get to the main highway then remove them easily and quickly. Cars were spinning off the road and drivers couldn’t keep control of their vehicles driving down the hill. AutoSock were launched in Norway in 2002 after a long period of testing, evaluation and improvement. minutes later, once the Autosocks were fitted to her car, we reversed, did a 3 point turn and drove steadily away up the hill.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment