276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mm...Food (W/Bonus

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I literally slept on this record for about six instances in my existence, last night I finally heard this record in it's entirety. The special dual package includes an hour long DVD of live performances and behind the scenes footage from the MM. This album is more in the vein of De la Soul and KMD than any other solo album DOOM's done, and dope in its own unique way. It's also counterbalanced with some of the best songs MF DOOM has ever done -- "Potholderz,""Deep Fried Frenz,""One Beer,""Rapp Snitch Knishes," etc. With culinary references and intricate metaphors at every turn, he creates a unique and immersive world, keeping listeners engrossed in his sonic narrative.

MM..Food (2004, Vinyl) - Discogs MF Doom – MM..Food (2004, Vinyl) - Discogs

He talks about how his raps aren't always appreciated because of how weird they are but knows that Subroc would be proud of him.

This would be a solid MF Doom EP, but, not to be mean or anything, the five-song break from rapping seems like a gimmick to make this a full length. The album peaked at number 17 on Billboard 's Independent Albums chart, and number 9 on Heatseekers Albums chart. You have to catch how they move in to talking about how rappers are edible, and churn out garbage that are easy to dispose of and throw away. Potholderz" was a Count Bass D song that DOOM hopped on after the fact, and "Rapp Snitch Knishes" features Mr.

MM..Food Vinyl, LP, CD, DVD | GRAMODESKY.CZ MF Doom: MM..Food Vinyl, LP, CD, DVD | GRAMODESKY.CZ

FOOD is mostly the work of a mad scientist in his secret lair, a sprinkling of super-villain team ups with Count Bass D, Madlib, PNS of The Molemen, Stahhr, and Mr. At this point the show hosts throw in DOOM's "Fig Leaf Bi-Carbonate", which features machine guns firing at popping bubbles on top of a Godzilla-cum-RZA soundtrack before reintroducing DOOM.

The album's titles and lyrics contain references to different foods, some with common metaphors and double entendres in the "street world" and the "nutritional realm". Quality of packaging is great, though I will admit that the sleeves themselves are quite tight so it’s difficult putting the records back in, but very minor issue, perfect release imo!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment