276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sensodyne Repair & Protect Toothpaste (75ml) - Pack of 6

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are getting a lot of sensitivity from one tooth I would recommend you see a dental professional who can exclude any problems with the tooth. They might also be able to offer treatments, depending on the cause of the sensitivity, such as applying a professional varnish, or repairing the tooth with filling material. Any advice I give is without assessing you and doesn’t replace advice given by your own dentist. I think this is a great toothpaste. I love that it’s for sensitive teeth and still whitens. After about a week of use I definitely have noticed my sensitivity to cold foods and drinks has decreased dramatically. I definitely recommend that you try this toothpaste. She went on to complete her Foundation Training and a further two years in the Armed Forces, primarily based around Wiltshire. Scanning electron microscope images of the dentine surface before brushing with NovaMin-formulated toothpaste and the resistant layer formed after 1

NovaMin forms a robust hydroxyapatite-like layer over exposed dentine and within exposed dentine tubules* 1,2 This paste was developed in the UK, and is definitely worth a try if regular sensitivity toothpastes aren’t cutting it for you. In fact, studies have shown relief for up to 90% of patients suffering from sensitivity. When overlaid, energy-dispersive X-ray (EDX) microscopy plots of the new reparative layer †(hydroxyapatite-like layer) and the dentine surface confirm their similar inorganic compositions.Sensodyne Daily Care toothpastesprovide daily care for sensitive teeth.They also offer many of the their benefits of a daily toothpaste, including cavity protection and fresh breath. Anecdotally the treatments work, and there seems to be a lot of evidence from manufacturers, but there is only limited evidence when reviewed independently by the Cochrane Collaboration. Stannous Fluoride Arginine is an essential amino acid, actually found naturally within the body. However the doses found in saliva are much lower than those found in toothpastes. Gum health is key. Avoid gum disease to avoid gum recession. Brush twice daily and use some form of interdental cleaning every day. Potassium nitrate prevents sensitivity by preventing the nerve from passing on the pain message from the tooth to the brain. It is a nerve calming agent.

Decide whether to go for SLS-Free. This is worth considering if you suffer from sore gums or ulcers. I go into more detail in my post on the best SLS-Free toothpastes. Forms a protective layer over the sensitive areas of the teeth. Brush twice a day for lasting sensitivity protection. Strontium chloride doesn’t treat the root cause of the sensitivity and so you may develop tooth sensitivity again in the future. Hi, thanks for this – very helpful. I have a very sensitive demineralised front tooth. What would you recommend? I already have the highly recommended Biomin F, or should I be using Sensodyne with Novamin? I also have GC Tooth Mousse with Flouride, what is the best way to combine this with Biomin F? I see you usually have to wait 30 mins after using Biomin F before applying anything else to the mouth. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Reply

improvement in dentine hypersensitivity in response to tactile pressure after 24 weeks of twice-daily brushing with Sensodyne Repair & Protect with 5% NovaMin. †13,14 Glycerin, PEG-8, Hydrated Silica, Pentasodium Triphosphate, Aroma, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer, Stannous Fluoride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Fluoride, Limonene. Formulations with NovaMin form a protective layer over exposed dentine for lasting protection from dentine hypersensitivity.* 1,2

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment