276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evie and the Animals: Matt Haig

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Het gaat allemaal best prima, totdat Eefje in de dierentuin is en met de dieren uit de dierentuin gaat praten. Na die dag zijn alle dieren in de stad in gevaar, maar niet alleen de dieren, ook de vader van Eefje. Eefje weet wie er achter zit en wil deze mysterieuze man ontmoeten. Dit gaat niet zonder slag of stoot.

Class Book Review: ‘Evie and the Animals’ - Tes

Evie and the Animals is a fantastic book about danger, daring and adventure with one important message: dare to be you! If you like stories about animals with a hero and a villain this is definitely one for you. Could you imagine having a super power? I doubt it. Well, 11-year-old Evie doesn’t have to, she can telepathically communicate with animals. But this talent could put her in grave danger. Four and half out of five stars. Ten-year-old Evie has a talent. A SUPERTALENT. Evie can TALK to animals and HEAR their thoughts. Pretty amazing, isn’t it? One day at school, Evie sets Kahlo the rabbit free from her too-small cage. Evie knows she’s done A Good Thing . . . but it lands her in BIG trouble. Evie’s dad and Granny Flora say her talent is a curse; she must never use it again. Until a year later pets on her street – including Lady Gaga the cat and a hamster named Cheryl – start disappearing. Evie is determined to find them. But it’s dangerous for her to help. Because the villain has a talent of their own, and only wants to use it for evil . . . Can Evie save the pets before it’s too late, even if it means DARING TO BE HERSELF? Evie and the Animals by Matt Haig – eBook Details

PDF EPUB Download

Eefje en de dieren is een heel mooi verhaal. Een van de boodschappen van het verhaal is dat je jezelf moet durven te zijn en dat is in sommige situaties nog best lastig. Eefje heeft een gave, een talent. En dit talent deelt ze met haar oma. Oma kan ook met dieren praten, maar veel beter dan Eefje. Oma leert Eefje hoe ze om kan gaan met haar gave, maar dat mag eigenlijk niet van haar vader… Matt Haig (van 'Een jongen met de naam Kerstmis') zet samen met illustrator Emily Gravett een meisje neer dat zichzelf leert zijn en de wereld een beetje beter maakt met haar talent. En dat is volgens haar grootmoeder niet met dieren praten, maar aardig zijn: 'Aardig zijn werkt als een boemerang. Je werpt hem weg en daarna krijg je hem terug.' One aspect I enjoyed less is that there’s a bit of Evie being not like the other girls – she isn’t into trivial stuff like makeup, her appearance, social media etc unlike her frenemy Leonora. I am a bit torn about this generally -- there's a lot of stuff about mean 12 year old girls who love the internet as being vapid mean girls both in this and in middle grades fiction generally, and people can like makeup and still be kind empathetic people! Girls can be socially adept with a lot of friends without being necessarily horrible. You don't see much of this sort of bullying coming from boys of that age in fiction. I mean, don't get me wrong, you see it heaps in real life, sure! But not so much in fiction. Having said all that, on the other hand, it seems quite believable that Evie would have a bit of trouble fitting in -- her interests are quite niche, and in the same grade 6 or year 7 cohort you can get range of behaviour, from kids who act like children to kids who act like teenagers. So maybe it's just realistic? I don't know, I guess not that much of the book covers this particular theme, so it doesn't necessarily matter. Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case! Part of the Solve Your Own Mystery seri...

Evie and the Animals by Matt Haig, Emily Gravett | Waterstones

Kirja kertoo Eevi-nimisesta yksitoistavuotiaasta tytöstä, joka rakastaa eläimiä yli kaiken ja jolla on myös erityislaatuinen kyky kommunikoida telepaattisesti niiden kanssa. Mutta onko kyseessä lahja vai kirous? Salaisuutena asia on joka tapauksessa syytä pitää, eikä siitä saa vahingossakaan kertoa kenellekään perhepiirin ulkopuolella. Niin ajattelee ainakin isä, jonka mielestä asia voi johtaa hankaliin ja pahoihin tilanteisiin. Eevin äiti on puolestaan kuollut myrkkyhämähäkin puremaan tytön ollessa aivan pieni. The plot is super, allowing children to travel the world from the safety of their own homes whilst learning about other countries, ecology and geography. The magical element of Evie being able to communicate with animals makes Evie in the Jungle appeal to children’s imaginations too and they’ll love the rudeness of Neruda. I think there are all kinds of opportunity to use Evie in the Jungle for learning as well as enjoyment. I am ashamed that I hadn’t heard of Professor Abigail Garcia and so I learnt from the story too.I'm afraid I can't quite understand why "Evie and the Animals" has been so highly praised. Yes, the book is by Matt Haig, and? The basic idea is very nice, simple and not new. Evie can talk to animals, or rather she can hear their thoughts and then talk to them in her mind as well, which at least reduces the awkwardness factor a bit. What is new is that she seems to be the only one who has this gift. Her father has also strictly forbidden her to do this thing. One soon learns why. An evil man, who also has the gift, but manipulates animals according to his will, is to blame for the death of Evie's mother and wants to destroy all people who also have this gift. So we have a dead mother (and more dead people mentioned in passing), a supervillain, lots of mystery, and a few clichés (the principal for example fulfills all the clichés of a negative school principal). I liked all the animal side characters, as well as Evie's grandmother and her attitudes toward life. Dit boek is echt een aanrader voor dierenvrienden. Het boek is voor 8+, maar dierenvrienden van alle leeftijden zullen smullen van dit verhaal. Eefje sluit vriendschap met veel dieren, maar vindt het lastig om vrienden te worden met mensen. Haar worsteling hiermee komt ook aan bod in het boek. Dit zal herkenbaar zijn voor kinderen, en zij kunnen van dit verhaal dan ook leren. Haig is one of the most inspirational popular writers on mental health of our age and, in his latest novel, he has taken a clever, engaging concept and created a heart-warming story that offers wisdom in the same deceptively simple way as Mitch Albom's best tales" Evie has a talent that can let her hear the thoughts of an elephant, and make friends with a dog and a sparrow. After a face-to-face encounter with a lion, things start to go wrong. Her family and every animal in town is in danger. Step into a world filled with secrets and an evil man known as Mortimer J Mortimer. This is a gripping adventure. I would describe this book in three words: danger, animals and hero. I would rate this five stars out of five. Nykyisin on ollut melko hankala selata kirjasomea törmäämättä Matt Haigiin ja erityisesti Keskiyön kirjastoon. Olen itse lukenut häneltä ainoastaan Radleyn perhe - vampyyriromaanin, joten oli ihan mielenkiintoista tarttua hänen uusimpaan lastenkirjaansa "Eevin eläinmaailma" (Aula, 2021).

Evie and the Animals - Matt Haig - Google Books Evie and the Animals - Matt Haig - Google Books

Author Guy Bass introduces SCRAP, about one robot who tried to protect the humans on his planet against an army of robots. Now the humans need his...

Eefje is anders. En niet omdat haar moeder niet meer leeft of ze gewoon steil haar heeft en niet de hipste kleren. Eefje is anders omdat ze van gedachten kan wisselen met dieren - iets dat haar vader haar ten strengste heeft verboden te doen. Amazing and utterly beautiful, The Midnight Library is everything you'd expect from the genius storyteller who is Matt Haig" Joanna Cannon

Evie and the Animals Trailer - Canongate Evie and the Animals Trailer - Canongate

Evie adores animals! Everyone thinks she is a bit strange, what they do not know is that she has the powers to read the minds of animals. One night, Evie has a dream, she tells a snake not to eat a poison dart frog because it will die, and that is where we meet Mortimer J Mortimer. He has the same magical powers as Evie, but uses them in his attempt to conquer the world. I would definitely recommend this book to any ages. If you do nothing, you will be auto-enrolled in our premium digital monthly subscription plan and retain complete access for 65 € per month. Change the plan you will roll onto at any time during your trial by visiting the “Settings & Account” section. What happens at the end of my trial?The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment