276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love you so much that I’m drowning in it. I can’t defend against it. I don’t know who I am anymore. I can’t think clearly. I’ve got knots in my stomach, and constant pains in my chest, and when I see you talking to any man, I go insane with jealousy… Do as you please. But when you’re with Rohan or any other man, keep in mind that you belong completely to me.” Evangeline did not rise to his baiting, only gave him a steady stare that was evidence of an innate toughness Sebastian had never encountered in a woman before. “I’m offering to marry you,” she said. “I want your protection. My father is too ill and weak to help me, and I will not be a burden to my friends. I believe they would offer to harbor me, but even then I would always have to be on guard, fearing that my relations would manage to steal me away and force me to do their will. An unmarried woman has little recourse, socially or legally. It isn’t f-fair…but I can’t afford to go tilting at windmills. I need a h-husband. You need a rich wife. And we are both equally desperate, which leads me to believe that you will agree to my pr-proposition. If so, then I should like to leave for Gretna Green tonight. Now. I’m certain that my relations are already looking for me.” As for your description of Kleypas’s recent books, I remember an entry she wrote on Squawk Radio this past year in which she outlined her writing process, and it reminded me of your description, Janine, in that it seemed to be more situationally driven vis a vis the characters and the progression of their relationship.

She didn’t even blink. “I will want a p-portion of the inheritance to be set aside for me in a trust. A generous one. The interest will be mine alone, and I will spend it as I see fit—without answering to you for my actions.” Since I haven’t read much of this genre, I think after this book I know what I like. Falling in love then marrying? Pfft no. Marriage of convenience? Yes yes yes. All of this made me aware that the people I was reading about inhabit a happily-ever-after world that doesn’t bear much resemblance to this one. But again, my thoughts on these are just that — thoughts. My feelings, on the other hand, were completely engaged when I read the book. This was the most fun I’ve had reading one of your books in years. B. If there wasn't his dark skin, you couldn't tell that Cam Rohan wasn't an aristocrat. He was smart, wealthy and very skillful in many levels. I agree that Sebastian wasn’t the terrible villain in the earlier books that he was made out to be, but I think that from the point of view of Lillian and Marcus, he tried to separate them forever and threatened to rape Lillian after kidnapping her and tying her up. I think that in real life, a couple would be much slower to forgive someone who did such things to them, if they forgave at all. In my opinion, they’d be too angry to consider his motives and the fact that his actions were a result of self-absorption rather than malice would not necessarily mitigate that kind of hurt and anger.Devil in Winter was AMAZING! I loved it. It's my favorite book of the series! Evie and Sebastian's story was even better than I expected and I expected a lot. From beginning to end it captivated me. The plot was entertaining. The hero and heroine charming and their love epic! Devil in Winter is now tied with Seduce Me at Sunrise for my favorite Lisa Kleypas book. I realize I’m probably the last person in the solar system to read this book, but read it I did. It took me a while to get to it because I was disappointed in the previous entry in your Wallflowers series, It Happened One Autumn, so I am happy to say that I enjoyed Devil in Winter very much. Sooooo good! I loved St. Vincent in the last book and in this one he actually gets more swoon-worthy.

You see, Leo after the loss of his fiancee acts irresponsible and he is not caring for anything or anyone else. It's a really pity that Leo had drown to the despair and i didn't like at all his attitude. He was selfish and mean and i wanted to slap him in many points... I can say that he was my least favorite from this bounce, but i'm almost sure that i will change opinion for him, if he'll change!!!Cuz, seriously, what's more fun than haggling with someone like a used car salesman over an old toaster that may or may not burn one side of the bread while not heating the other side in the hot Texas sun? Evie was just this cute little shy stuttering wallflower...which yah it was a *tad* annoying in the beginning The red-haired and very shy Wallflower-Evangeline Jenner "Evie" and the.."drumroll".........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................extreme immoral and a hell of a sexy badboy with the worst reputation ever (which he are proud of) Sebastian Lord St. Vincent..are a explosive pair of characters who fitted each other p.e.r.f.e.c.t.l.y..just WOW..! This is not your typical story of man-whore meets innocent and they fall in love and she doesn’t think twice about his past and he doesn’t think twice about his past. Trust me. It’s so much better than that. This book is much like Jane Eyre (which is my favorite story of all time). It has a darkness to it, and when you are least expecting it, a ray of light shines through. It shines through the characters as they grow and learn and love.

The silence was charged and heavy as Sebastian contemplated her with an unfriendly gaze. He didn’t trust her. And after the debacle of last week’s thwarted abduction, he had no wish to repeat the experience. The only way to escape this fate is by elopement. She proposes a marriage of convenience. In exchange for her money, St. Vincent will grant her freedom - freedom from her relatives, freedom to visit her father, freedom to live with the protection of his title. Obviously - it's not a love match.What I loved the most about this book was that not only the romantic part took a front seat in this story, but also the part where the Hathaway siblings helped, loved, took care, and protected each other. I felt truly impressed and satisfied with it. In Mine Till Midnight, while there are many, many things happening involving all of the siblings, the romantic focus of the story is on Amelia, the eldest of the Hathaway siblings, and Cam Rohan who we met in Devil In Winter. I’m not going to go into plot details, because there are several sub-stories going on and it would be too complicated, so I’ll just touch on the things I loved – or not so much – about this book. So, my expectations weren't too high for this book, but I turned out to be very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I liked it so much, that I'm going to scuttle my plans for my next read, and just move on to Win and Merripen's story ( Seduce Me at Sunrise) next. Can't wait! 5 stars

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment