276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Winsor & Newton, BLEEDPROOF MARKER PAPER PAD SIZE A4

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re an amateur calligrapher who is still working on your lettering styles and structures, this paper has dots and lines that can elevate your consistency so you can write on a straight line and create a better formation. When chiseled markers or Pilot Parallel pens are your main calligraphy tool, you might find yourself enjoying this paper pad from U.S Art Supply.

12 Best Sketchbooks for Markers: Minimize The Bleeding!

For many new calligraphers, keeping the letters in Italic style is sometimes a struggle. But to resolve this common dilemma, a lot of calligraphy pads provide pre-printed grids to help beginners achieve the perfect slanted writings.

Suitable for use with all alcohol and sprit based markers, this A4 sized Frisk Bleedproof Marker Pad features 50 sheets of high quality white bleedproof marker paper. To keep your calligraphy papers in the top and pristine shape, you should keep them in a storage box or case if you’re not going to use them. This will protect your art paper from getting crumpled or deformed, which won’t be an ideal surface if you’re going to frame it later on. The first thing I love about this Strathmore writing pad is the impeccable smoothness of its ivory-white surface. As it is woven with 25% cotton, it lends an elegant texture and appearance that lets your pens glide on effortlessly.

Frisk Marker Paper Pad - 70gsm - 50 Sheets - ARTdiscount

Aside from that, the sheets give off an elegant appearance that makes calligraphy look more sophisticated. No wonder many artists use it for commission projects, handcrafted letters and cards, wedding invitations, and many more. It can cater to different sorts of calligraphy pens but I noticed that it worked best with brush pens. Dip pens will also do as long as you go lightly with downstrokes. Pastel Paper: With initial applications, I thought this was one of the top alternatives for calligraphy papers. However, it isn’t bleedproof, especially if you transition your hand at a slower pace. Textures vary from light to heavy, which are typically too rough for calligraphy pens. When it comes to its texture, it isn’t overly smooth nor too rough. I actually found myself being fond of its finish because it can handle varied lines and transition of strokes.When dip pens and brush pens are your ultimate choice to exhibit your calligraphy skills, you can’t go wrong with these heavyweight sheets from Studio Series.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment