276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Billion Years: My Escape from a Life in the Highest Ranks of Scientology

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mike asserts that when he stepped into the arena there was no rational hope for Scientology exemption because it was hit with the two most impossible of obstacles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ROzm...), IRS, Actual Malice on Wright's behalf, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OOw9...)) One of those things that I had to think about was the news a while ago that Nicole Kidman was not allowed to attend her children's wedding. The way Rinder explains that Scientology always comes first and that family and compassion are coming so far second that it's almost non-existing, it made a lot clear about that dynamic and how heartbreaking it must have been for Kidman. It also opens up a whole different light about Tom Cruise and other well known people who did or did not manage to get out of Scientology. L. Ron Hubbard said: A civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, and where is free to rise to greater heights are the aims of Scientology. One of the highest-ranking defectors from Scientology exposes the secret inner workings of the powerful organization in this remarkable memoir.

Penned with clarity, style, and immense vulnerability, this engaging memoir absolutely deserves a place at the top of the list of Scientology survival stories. I was originally going to give this book 3 stars. It was a good book, but did not really provide me with any new details. But then I saw this book: Edit to add: If you had any question as to whether the harassment, obsession, trailing of ex-members, "Fair game" type nonsense of Scientology was true, you can simply look at the number of accounts that magically appeared to give this book (and any other book about Scientology) a bad rating before it was even published. It is their life's work to protect the secrets of their cult, y'all.* Rinder goes on to elaborate on “the wall” around Scientologists, his personal story of 45 years in the cult, and his eventual escape from crazy-town. I won’t spoil the book by telling all his stories, but things get more weird, and more overtly abusive, than you can probably imagine. Very, very Lord of the Flies. If you go into this book with zero prior knowledge about Scientology, I believe it would be difficult to truly understand the magnitude of the information and follow along with all the jargon. Rinder does provide a glossary of terms which is helpful, but I would highly recommend either watching the aftermath series that he and Leah Remini did on A&E first, or spend some time on Aaron Smith Levin's YouTube channel. The very first information I got on Scientology was reading Leah remini's Troublemaker book a few years ago and I also would recommend that as a good place to start.From billion year contracts, to mysteriously missing people, to surveillance cameras, to Xenu the alien leader and his hydrogen bombs, Scientology is even more wild, and it’s leaders (past and present) even more unhinged than you ever thought possible.

If (like me) you've watched Scientology and the Aftermath and Going Clear, listened to the first season of the Fair Game podcast, and further researched the organization, you might be wondering if this book offers anything you haven't already learned about Mike Rinder's life. Well, it does. Many events were familiar to me, but new details emerge as well.

Both horns of his impossible dilemma are invented. The CST federal court ruling he cites occurred almost a year after the IRS negotiations and audits had begun. Had Rinder actually participated in either the litigation or the negotiations he would have known that the IRS was certain that the lower court judge's opinion was so biased and baseless that the pending appeal would certainly be won by Scientology. In the year since the record review had begun the IRS already conceded that their basis for denying CST exemption was discredited. They were almost embarrassed by the CST federal court ruling when it came out; realizing they could not support the findings with facts. For that reason, the CST decision was more of a problem for the IRS than for the Church. Hubbard noted in one of his policy letters that the hardest thing to see is that which is omitted, and this sums up the official scientology 'biography' of Hubbard." (p. 138) Few people understand Scientology like Mike Rinder does. In A Billion Years, he tells the gripping, harrowing account of growing up in Scientology, serving founder L. Ron Hubbard, and rising to the top of its ranks. Mike has found purpose in his pain and his book offers not only a cautionary tale but also an inspiring story of resilience.” Thus, Rinder carefully deep sixes any pesky facts that might contradict what Rinder would like to fancy about his history. And that paves the way for the creation of a brand-new then-Rinder: a super hero (the narcissist leg of victim narcissist). To demonstrate the depth of outright fact

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment