276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor (8C/16T, 36 MB Cache, 4.5 GHz Max Boost)

£199.995£399.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Multithreading technology (such as Intel's Hyperthreading or AMD's Simultaneous Multithreading) provides increased performance by splitting each of the processor's physical cores into virtual cores, also known as threads.

Ryzen 7 3800X vs 5800X3D UserBenchmark: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X vs 5800X3D

AMD has worked wonders to reduce the impact of this sort of multi-chip arrangement, but it's fair to assume that the Ryzen 7 3800X's single-compute-die design, paired with a higher TDP rating that facilitates more aggressive boost clocks, could actually rival the 3900X in some applications – games included. Ryzen 3000 chips support dual-channel DDR4-3200, a step up from the previous-gen's support for DDR4-2966.That is why you could not find auto overclock , check my screenshot below on Ryzen Master for auto overclock.

Processor Specifications | AMD

These features are largely referred to as MCE, but the functionality remains the same: These settings essentially apply an all-core overclock to the processor that is defined by the maximum Turbo Boost bin supported by the processor. AMD Ryzen 4000 Series Desktop Processors with AMD Radeon Graphics Set to Deliver Breakthrough Performance for Commercial and Consumer Desktop PCs". EG: Enhanced mode 4 on your motherboard will raise CPU clocks and CPU voltage along with different power plans. CL14 for me is not possible, but again, since I don't know the relations of the Timmins, it may be possible just by tweaking some secondary or tertiary timings, dunno . I'm no bencher … I mean, until I get to a setup I like, I bench but just to see how much improvements I get, but other than that.Of course, the -9700K slots in as the 3800X's natural competitor, and while it matches the AMD part with eight physical cores, Intel's trimming of the Hyper-Threading feature leaves it eight threads shy of the 3800X. a b c d Model also available as PRO version; 2200GE, 2200G, 2400GE, 2400G, released on May 14, 2018 for OEM only. AMD Launches Ryzen Embedded V3000 Series Processors Delivering New Levels of Performance and Power Efficiency for "Always-On" Storage and Networking". a b c Model also available as PRO version as 4450U, [67] 4650U, [68] 4750U, [69] released May 7, 2020. vCore paired with auto Load Line Calibration, uncorked power settings in the BIOS, and memory overclocked to DDR4-3600 with 14-14-14-36 timings proved rock solid throughout our full battery of stress and application tests.

Getting the best performance of a 3800x without manual Getting the best performance of a 3800x without manual

Instead, they measure the amount of heat the chip dissipates under load, but both companies use different test methodologies. Compared to Intel, the Ryzen 7 3800X is a monster for the money, outstripping the Core i7-9700K often by huge margins in content creation and usually bettering the Core i9-9900K too. Note on CPU voltage ,when enhanced mode is set to 4 ,you CPU voltage will increase from approximately 1. As a result, Intel's commanding presence in the enthusiast space is threatened in a way we haven't seen in over a decade.

The CPU speed indicates how many processing cycles per second can be executed by a CPU, considering all of its cores (processing units). The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Intel's motherboard partners have infused their boards with predefined all-core boost profiles that go by many names, such as Multi-Core Enhancement (MCE) with ASUS motherboards and Enhanced Turbo with our MSI motherboard. The Ryzen 7 3800X slots in beneath the Ryzen 9 3900X, which comes with two 7nm compute die tied together with a 12nm I/O die to yield a 12-core 24-thread part.

Ryzen 7 3800X vs AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - Versus AMD Ryzen 7 3800X vs AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - Versus

As such they do not accurately reflect the actual Passmark CPU mark values and are not endorsed by PassMark Software Pty Ltd. So best base settings for your Motherboard and you would have to test every BIOS and Powerplan ,which will not make much difference at all then just letting the CPU do it's thing. AMD Socket AM4 (X570)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Ryzen 7 3800X, Ryzen 7 3700X, Ryzen 7 2700XMSI MEG X570 Godlike2x 8GB G.

Due to the compatibility matrix for the AM4 socket, we stepped back to the MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC for the Ryzen 7 1800X.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment