276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Artifact Space

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Marca Nbaro has always dreamed about venturing into space aboard a greatship and escaping her harsh upbringing in the notorious Orphanage. However, after getting on the wrong side of the corrupt Dominus, Nbaro is forced to flee with few possessions, scandals dogging her step and an incomplete education. Pawning everything for some forged records, Nbaro boards the greatship Athens as a junior officer as it prepares to depart on the multi-year journey to Trade Point. Nbaro needs to grow into her role as a midshipman, sloughing off some of the instincts and reflexes that she developed in the Orphanage. But that experience also gives her an edge, a work ethic and way of thinking that pushes her to achieve and impresses her peers and her superiors. And, unlike her lonely childhood experience, Nbaro finds help from her fellow crewmates, her commander and ultimately the ship’s artificial intelligence, which knows of her deceit but is happy to help her so long as she serves the ship. a fantastic lead in Marca Nbaro, starting her first day as a lowly (and fake) Midshipman on a massive ancient space ship All of a sudden, we have spacecraft and objects both coming into our solar system and leaving for interstellar space. This is highly unusual, and very intriguing. A threat?’ he demanded, crushing the parchment in his fist as the rain poured down even harder, the thunder in the sky above punctuating his outburst. ‘Your precious margrave would seek to intimidate a Greatcoat into abandoning his lawful mission? Does he so fear what the Abbot of Isola Sombra might reveal to me of his activities that he’d stoop to—?’

All Starfield Powers and How to Unlock - Starfield Guide - IGN

There are so many cool elements to this book, and one of them is the amazing Greatships that can carry up to 10,000 crew members. Oh and did I mention they are shaped like swords? You didn't think that Miles Cameron was going to leave his epic fantasy influences behind completely did you? Envisioning these transport ships and their unique construction really captured my imagination and Cameron does an outstanding job of giving such a vivid description of these enormous space vessels. So right away I was blown away by the technology aspect of this story. But this isn't just a hollow tale with cool tech as window-dressing, on the contrary, this story is about a person trying to overcome a dubious past that seems to follow her wherever she goes. And along the way we find that Cameron takes us in so many directions we never even imagined with thrilling side-stories aplenty.

Cons

Yet why would the Margrave of Someil be keeping abreast of a magistrate’s travels? And why would he make one of his knights camp out in the cold and wet until my arrival? Most people can live without booze,’ Marca said. ‘But no one can go an hour without a rationalisation." Most of the Artifacts you gain will be over the course of the main story missions you undertake, including the missions to visit random structures on random planets in Into the Unknown, Further Into the Unknown, and Final Glimpses. Overall, it was an engrossing memorable read that had me very sorry to reach the end – and hopeful that the second book in this series won’t take too long to hit the shelves. Very highly recommended to fans of well written space opera adventures. While I obtained an arc of Artifact Space from Netgalley, the opinions I have expressed are unbiased and my own. Smith nodded. ‘Thanks.’ He tried on a smile, didn’t like it, and traded it for a more believable facial expression.

Artifact Space | Sebastien de Castell Artifact Space | Sebastien de Castell

At last, a tall figure emerged from the mists. First came the glint of steel, the position and angle suggesting a longsword held in a high guard. Next came the shimmer of a chainmail surcoat partly covered by a hooded cloak of pure white trimmed in silver and emblazoned with three azure eyes across the front.Seven days?’ Estevar had to suppress a groan when the young man’s exuberant squeezing aggravated his wound. He shoved the fellow away, not quite as gently as he’d intended. ‘You expect me to believe you’ve been out in this storm for an entire week?’

Artifact of Space | Hypixel SkyBlock Wiki | Fandom Artifact of Space | Hypixel SkyBlock Wiki | Fandom

He clutched at my shoulder in panic, or maybe searching for a final moment of human connection. I shrugged him off; I needed to concentrate. I suppose I couldn’t argue with that. Our employer was an Ascendant Prince – self-­declared, of course – who’d been having some difficulty convincing the local ruling archons of his divinely sanctioned rule. Sending a coven of mercenary wonderists to wage mayhem and murder (I never lied to myself by calling it ‘war’) wasn’t likely to convince anyone of Ascendant Lucien’s holiness, but as his Magnificence had explained it to me, ‘Kill enough of the brave ones and the rest will pray to anyone I tell them to.’This is one of my reading highlights of the year so far – and I can safely say that this one is definitely going to make my Outstanding Reads List of 2021. Marca is an engaging, sympathetic protagonist, who has had a tough time of it and makes a desperate break for a chance at a decent life. With help from someone else whose chances have already been ruined… After you activate enough distortions around the rotating rings, they will become one ring. Float through the ring to gain the Power of the Temple.

Artifact Space: A Tale from the Arcana Imperii Universe

Announcing Team Tar Vol On's SPSFC2 Quarterfinalists on Sci-fi/Fantasy Novel Review: Things They Buried by Amanda K. King and Michael R. Swanson Heed my liege’s warning, Eminence, I beg you,’ Sir Daven said, no doubt sensing Estevar’s wavering intentions. Traitor’s Blade Can a disgraced swordsman save a young girl caught in the web of a royal conspiracy?If you enjoy watching a smart heroine learning the ropes on her first deployment, Artifact Space will be a treat. It’s smoothly written and spares no detail in telling the story of Nbaro’s journey from a fresh-faced midshipper to a key figure in the fight for the survival of the Athens. If you don’t particularly care for naval details—and I don’t—you’ll see more than you care to, but the crises interspersed regularly throughout the narrative should still be enough to prevent the novel from dragging.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment