276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elton John Greatest Hits

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The compact disc version of Greatest Hits, issued in the 1990s, features both "Bennie and the Jets" (track 7) and "Candle in the Wind" (track 8). In 2003, Greatest Hits was ranked at number 135 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, [9] then was re-ranked at number 136 in a 2012 revised list. The word Tracks only appears on side 2 and I am unable to see a version on Discogs that has this difference.

It topped the album chart in both the United States and the United Kingdom, staying at number one for ten consecutive weeks in the former nation and eleven weeks in the latter. I suppose it can be a bit nostalgic because the songs sound like they did when I first heard them through the tinny speakers in my parent's 1964 Chrysler Newport station wagon. The single " Bennie and the Jets", which had topped the charts in both the US and Canada but which had not been released as a single in the United Kingdom at that point, appeared on the American and Canadian edition of the album. With only ten tracks total, several other hit singles from the time period are not included in this collection. I am trying to find a version of this (DJLPH 442) where there is a difference on the label between the two sides.hits in the US; in Canada, five (these two plus " Daniel", " Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and " Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me") had been chart-toppers. All other songs made the Top 40 in the UK and the US, most also making the top ten, with "Bennie and the Jets" and " Crocodile Rock" topping the chart in the States.

It was the best-selling album of 1975 in the United States, and is his second best-selling album to date, being his first to have received an RIAA diamond certification for US sales of more than 10 million copies – as of April 2016 the album has been certified for 17 million units in the US. John would wait until 1976 to top the singles chart in the UK, via his duet with Kiki Dee, " Don't Go Breaking My Heart.Remastered for the "modern" tastes : compressed (but far less than the cd, thanks God), thin and bright. I used my normal ritual in running it through the Spin Clean then the ultrasonic cleaner and then a zap from the zero stat gun and it was a nice listen. Greatest Hits is the eleventh official album release for English musician Elton John, and the first compilation. I thought I was getting a bargain, but in the end I have a paper weight that will never see the table again. Although all of its songs are available as downloads, the album is currently out of print, having been superseded by four other greatest hits releases over the years; The Very Best of Elton John in 1990, Greatest Hits 1970–2002 in 2002, Rocket Man: The Definitive Hits in 2007 and Diamonds in 2017.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment