276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Eau de Parfum - 50 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's one of those scents that doesn't change. What's there at first sniff is still there at the end of the day. What I get is the alcohol, obviously. Whether this is gin or vodka is not relevant; it's just an astringent ozonic binder to hold the other smells together. The other smells are really nice. You have a spicy creamy fruitiness. Not passionfruit, more citrusy cooking apples. There's no vanilla or tonka bean here but the warm sweetness is there. I have no idea what kind of amber has been used but that is certainly there with the musky warmth. As for the ginger and mint they sort of cancel each other out. All these smells, all mixed up together, all a little bit synthetic, they all sort of work. The fact that they all compete keeps the smell alive. My only slight concern is that harsh alcohol smell that binds it, but that's a minor complaint. This isn't quite in my top ten but it's certainly an "I Love It". LONGEVITY: 4/10. Moderate, about 4 hours, it projects softly for about 2, then it becomes a skin scent. As I touched the point, I'll give my opinion: for me, it is a mix of Polo Red Intense with Ultra Male (mainly, as soon as sprayed), with excellent projection and good durability, but almost no evolution. Honestly, the lavender did not make any difference during evolution. In contrast, the base sweetened by vanilla is present from the beginning, remaining throughout the evolution. I bought 50ml bottle about 2 months ago and I use it almost every day, also when going to work as I find the scent delicate enough to wear all day long. Some workmates of mine were complimenting Rose' especially when smelling the first champagne notes. I find it quite longlasting, mainly on clothes or scarfs, even though the scent loses a lot of its uniqueness after hours.

By the way... my husband hates it and I don't understand why. He doesn't know why either, but he hates it lol. Thankfully for him I wasn't wearing this everyday anymore when we first met. Yes, but a sexy shark!"... "I dunno, ... powerful but sleek, you know?... like it cuts through the air smooth to your nose but it has a massive devastating hit on you?..." Loud and bold projection for the first 2 hours then it clings tightly to the skin, retaining its richness for many hours after. This makes me so nose blind, but what I can say is that I hate the smell of anise but this doesn't smell like that to me. Instead it smells of vodka and menthol, it has that typical vodka smell to it and then add a bit of menthol in here and make it a bit sweeter. Overall I think it's more of an "anti fragrance" meaning you spray this stuff on when you want to smell like something but also smell like nothing. Because this basically doesn't really have any notes in it kinda like the molecule fragrances actually but instead of ambroxan or iso e super you're essentially just spraying yourself with the smell of vodka and aldehydes lmao. Released in 2011, many think that it came in response to the success of 212 Men (now renamed to 212 Men NYC). Obviously, one thing is linked to another, but it was created to make a pair with the female version, released 1 year earlier. The concept, as well as the slogans, remained the same: "Are you on the list?" and "This is a private party.", which reflects the style and attitude of its users.If you're into Pure XS by Paco Rabanne and you like the boozy cola vibe, then this one will take you to the next level.

I will admit that it does remind me of Paco Rabanne 1 Million, but only for the first 5 min. I was disappointed at first because I thought it was just another 1 million, but as it started to settle, I was surprised. So this one is an interesting one. I grabbed this as a very adventurous blind buy. I like different scents and not boring freshies or blues.The bottle i own is 2022 batch, so looking at the votes for longetivity here (with majority on long lasting), was it reformulated so badly at some point? As some people in the comment section mentioned - this seems to be a clubbing scent, so maybe it will come alive in warmer months (as I'm rather not clubbing person myself), fingers crossed if that's its original purpose. There's no rose in this because rosé (notice the accent mark acute) in French means pink. It refers to the pink champagne note. That note is bubbly and a bit fruity. I did for a while smell something like litchi in this, and that can be a bit "rosy" in scent. For some that think they smell rose, that might be what you're smelling. A very woody drydown with amber and musk lingers for hours. RECOMMENDATION: 212 VIP Men falls in the category of clubbing fragrances; this one offers a good scent and good performance for a reasonable price. Its performance could be better. This is a nice-to-have. Still, it's a very pleasant scent, the passionfruit note is quite noticeable and despite of the spirit drink vibe, don't let the vodka or the gin notes fool you, because the drydown gets minty ambery sweet, but not oversweet, therefore it won't offend anyone.

VIP is the dark, harsh and strong brother of CH Men. It should have been named "CH Men Intense".. But CH Men is a masterpiece and perhaps Mrs. Emilie thought that 212 VIP does not deserve that name :)

Recently Viewed

SEASONS: Winter, spring, fall, colder days, daytime, nighttime, and climate-controlled environments.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment