276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Linsoul QKZ x HBB 10mm Titanium-Coated Diaphragm HiFi In-ear Monitor Earphones with Semi-open Cavity, Detachable 2Pin Silver-plated Cable, Noise Canceling for Audiophile (With mic)

£10.495£20.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The mid-range (especially pianos and male vocals) does sound cleaner and more correct on the Wan’er, while I find the timbre accuracy of the female vocals better preserved in the QKZ HBB. Although it doesn’t have the brightness and bite that others may be looking for, it still retains details and keeps everything in control, so it doesn’t have harsh frequencies. Drivability ​I have zero issues driving this set. Even from an iPad 2018 I hear decent dynamics. The Zooaux Dongle Dac paired well with Xhbb which tells me similar small dongles will work perfectly fine. I also really enjoyed this set attached to the Fiio Utws5. What a nice pairing for a Bluetooth tws type option. The AK dac within seems to reach a nice synergy with this budget gem.

The build is actually much better than I would have expected. Truthfully this set is built solid! It appears that it was constructed from two pieces (Faceplate & Shell) glued together. QKZ also added what appears to be an aluminum ring around the Faceplate which is a nice touch. The nozzle is sturdy and golden in color with a nice lip for holding tips as well as some scored marks around the lip. The grill is also not some flimsy cheap mesh grill but is solid & all metal which adds a bit of a premium flare.For me IEM’s are about being on the move, doing other things, getting the stuff of everyday life done. There is a clear difference in the treble. The BL-Max have an excitation from the mid-highs, which gives them more clarity and transparency in the mid-range. But if one looks at the graph and averages the area in this zone, one could say that the HBB Khan has more presence in the highs. The actual result is like that and in the sound as well. The highs of the HBB Khan, although soft, sound more realistic than in the BL-Max. The roll-off or control zone of the Blon gives them a sonic clipping that doesn't benefit them and adds a less realistic timbre, as if the treble ends prematurely. But, actually, I don't really like the treble performance of the HBB Khan either, because it's not very defined, they don't have much resolution either. I think they are finer on the Blon and have better resolution, but with worse timbre. So there is no clear winner in this respect. Double the number, double the power. With two dynamic drivers, the sound of Khan precedes any ordinary dynamic IEM. It’s big 10mm driver contributes to the warm and immersive low-to-middle frequency while the medium 7.8mm diaphragm adds airy treble to the plate. No matter what your music taste is, instrumental or vocal, Khan is well-qualified to deliver. Furthermore, with audio purity intensified by LCP liquid crystal complexes diaphragm, Khan is the uncarved jade completely faithful to its input. Great with Mobile, Superb with Amplifier I've 7hz zero as a more neutral tuning iems. And Kz Edx pro which I want to replace them with, as the Kz is fatiguing and piercing for my ears. Even in technical aspects, Wa'ner is even better as it has more spacious head room and better layering and separation. It is even more detailed that it will provide better resolution.

Until now I had not looked up the history of QKZ, ''Quality Know for Zero Defect''. It is a brand that was born in Bao'an district - China. In 2005, QKZ was divided into two subsidiaries: "QKZ" and "KZ". Currently, QKZ specializes in hybrid technology, balanced armature, zinc alloy earphones, CNC metal earphones, and Bluetooth v4.0 to v5.5.Good tuning is free and at the end of the day, we are talking about the ultra budget segment, and just like anything in this world, nothing is perfect. Given the price range, it’s safe to assume this would fall down into the more subjective part: the technicalities. The Blon 03's bass are not as authorative as the QKZ HBB, yet it is noticably cleaner. The bass bleed/muddiness are greatly subdue. The mids are more forward, yet still a bit recessed to my liking. The treble are sparklier but not as smooth. Technicalitie are more or less the same. I enjoy the overall tonallity of the Blon 03 a bit more because it's more balance compare to the QKZ HBB, although it's still on a warmer side. Whenever I’m trying out new IEMs for gaming, I test them out for two things: sound Imaging and sound separation. The HBB commemorative coin is quite the item. Such extras also enhance the guarantee of authenticity, being that bootleggers would be incredibly troubled to manufacture a coin. Such exists the coin as simply another clue as to how freaking over-the-top this release is. The coin comes in its own plastic case and weights a staggering 34 grams and is emblazoned with the HBB symbol on one side and the QKZ symbol on the other. Also around the parameter is HBB Audio on one side and QKZ audio on the other.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment