276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Beautiful, haunting, and gloriously inventive. Some have complained of the plotting or pacing in this book, but my only complaint is that it didn't last longer. Despite the brevity, however, it doesn't feel rushed--Susan Cooper ends it on exactly the right note, a sigh of relief mingled with just a touch of melancholy and a final surprising burst of wonder. Green Witchcraft is the discipline of tuning into the energies of Earth through herbs 🌿. It’s an important piece in the puzzle of working with the Five Elements of Nature: Air, Water, Fire, Earth, and Spirit.

The Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth” by John Michael Greer. While centered on Druidry, this book shares much in common with Green Witchcraft, emphasizing a deep connection with the Earth. Healing, harmony, and balance" are not at all "all key to the green witch’s practice and outlook on life". And there are no "Green Witch Ethics" (which, hilariously, they actually reaffirm later saying "there are no ethical or moral rules associated with the green witch path other than those that the practitioner already possesses"- despite giving a pretty clear set of ethics prior on; they need to make up their mind). Think of your favorite herb, perhaps basil or lavender, and its aroma wafting through your space. Having live plants or dried herbs on your altar not only connects you with the Earth but serves practical magical purposes. You can use them in spells, as offerings, or simply to attune to their specific energies. Over time, as you develop relationships with different plants, you’ll find that some resonate more deeply with you and deserve a place on your altar. Imagine setting the stage for a ritual by encircling your space with rose petals for love or pine needles for protection. Plants can be used to demarcate and purify your ritual space, ensuring it’s charged with the right energies before you begin your work.The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries by W.Y. Evans-Wentz is a timeless fairy book from the early twentieth century that every green witch should read. It gives an idea as to how the belief in fairies was widespread over the continent of Europe. Even my kids love hearing the fairy stories in this book! 5. Wildflower Folklore Embarking on the path of Green Witchcraft can feel daunting, but it’s best to begin simply. Spend time in nature. Whether it’s a vast forest or a small urban park, sit quietly and observe. Feel the energies, watch the animals, and learn to appreciate the subtle rhythms of the natural world. Imagine you’re standing in a garden, your fingers brushing against the leaves of basil, rosemary, and lavender. To a Green Witch like you, these aren’t just plants; they’re alive with energy, each carrying its own unique vibration. By incorporating these into spells and rituals, you’re drawing directly from Earth’s reservoir of power, ensuring that your magic is grounded and potent.

When it comes to spectacle and sheer blessed creativity, this one far overpasses anything Cooper had done before. Sure, there may not be as much action-adventure as the previous books--but ohmygollygracious, that scrying scene! painting spells! Tethys! the haunting! Reading this, there was hardly a moment when my toes weren't curling and my eyes bugging with delight.Another of my must-have herbal reference books, 20,000 Secrets of Tea makes it easy to concoct magical teas for medicine and everyday use. I can’t tell you how many times I referred to this book by Victoria Zak. 3. Illustrated Herbiary A Green Witch crafts remedies and spells through an intimate connection with herbs and plants, while a Kitchen Witch works mainly with tools and ingredients found in her kitchen cupboard. Greenwitch is an enjoyable and interesting entry in the sequence, a quest story with elements of fantasy, magic, mythology, folklore and legend. The story takes us between fantasy and ‘reality’, part of it also unfolding in a dreamy space, where time isn’t flowing in its usual course, and past and present blend. Starhawk: An influential figure in modern witchcraft and eco-activism, her writings often blend spirituality with environmentalism.

but really, where *does* the author get all this stuff about the green witch path? I get that the real history is much less important to witches than the mythical history (p. 21), but I care! I hate the false, insulating sense of timelessness and culturelessness it creates. If it's her own creation or that of a community located in spacetime she should say so. The green witch should know how to use herbs for magic but also for healing. Rosemary Gladstar’s books are a wonderful place to start learning the healing effects of herbs. Tree Magic and Ogham 1. The Magic of Trees This new herbal guide by Maia Toll and Kate O’Hara will have you gawking at the beautiful artwork. 36 bewitching botanicals are detailed within. 4. The Witching HerbsEnvision your altar, free from single-use plastics or unsustainable tools. As a Green Witch, you aim for a zero-waste or low-waste practice. This could mean using reusable cloth bags for herbs, composting plant remains, or sourcing second-hand ritual tools. Every little action contributes to reducing your ecological footprint. Green Witch” is a term used within the modern witchcraft and pagan communities to describe someone who practices a nature-based form of witchcraft. Their craft is deeply rooted in working with the Earth, the elements, plants, herbs, stones, and animals. Here are some key features of a Green Witch: Elemental Magic: While many witches work with the classical elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit), Green Witches might have a particular affinity for the Earth element. Sustainability and Eco-Friendliness Picture yourself shopping and being given the choice between a plastic or a reusable bag. You’d instinctively choose the latter, not just for convenience but out of genuine concern for Mother Earth. Green Witches often lead the way in eco-friendly and sustainable practices. While other paths might value and respect nature, Green Witchcraft often goes a step further in actively advocating for the Earth’s well-being, integrating eco-conscious decisions into daily life and magical practices.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment