276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dark Side Of The Moon

£11.575£23.15Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The album also comes with two stickers and two posters, the original stickers are printed by “Fastprint” and have the word”Crackback” printed on the back. There are several variations of sleeves, posters and stickers, and as these were produced by different companies and delivered to the pressing plant at different times there are several combinations.

Rear top right corner has the text (IE 064 o 05249) between SHVL 804 and "stereo" centered (later copies have it left aligned). Group Poster: A six-pane group shot poster in landscape style with "SHVL 804" in the bottom right corner. and the hi-res stereo, however these are spread across two blu-rays and a DVD which is an odd thing to do ( The Beatles ditched DVDs for spatial audio five years ago and all this content would comfortably fit on one single blu-ray). The UK does seem slightly less edgy in comparison and from experience with comparing other Pink Floyd originals vs reissue this is a common trend, the EQ is a smidge lower, removing some of that harshness.Stickers may have printed backs with diagonal lines across them, and the words 'Fasson', 'FasPrint' and 'Crack-Back', or plain white backs with the word "Permanent". I have a second US press and (to my ears) it beats this pretty comfortably in terms of dynamic range, soundstage and overall volume. It stands as one of the most successful commercial recordings of all time, and has been released in many countries.

The majority of issues come with two posters but the originals have distinct characteristics, the “Pyramid poster” can be matte or glossy but has no serial number printed on the bottom left corner. This is very important as some copies have the sleeve switched if the original sleeve is in poor condition. Several different reverse peel off configurations were made with diagonal lines across them, and the words 'Fasson''FasPrint' and 'Crack-Back', or plain white backs with the word "Permanent". Inner sleeve is a distinctive polythene lined die cut black semi-matte paper with white printed text stating 2 patent numbers bottom left [1125555/1072844] and 'MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN' bottom right. From the first listen of this pressing however, as soon as the heartbeat comes in, I already knew this was going to be special.I have checked out many of the holy grail stereo pressings of this album, and they are all amazing in their own ways. These early transitional pressings, still have on labels the rim text starting as "The Gramophone Co.

DSD pressed well is the future of reissues anyway, once all the tapes are dead, so we’ll probably shelve our analogue stridency. All I'll say is I wouldn't pay anywhere near what's being asked for a copy of this - just get a nice clean 70s press. K. Harvest issue ( The Dark Side Of The Moon), identifiable with a solid blue prism on the labels instead of the shaded triangle used on most other versions. The new box also includes two replica seven-inch singles (‘Money’/’Any Colour You Like’ and ‘Us And Them’/’Time’) which brings the total number of audio discs to nine (two CDs, two vinyl LPs, two blu-rays, two seven-inch singles and a DVD). Copies of the Dark Side of the Moon LP with solid blue triangle labels without any stamper or mother numbers in the matrix are not U.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon/release/15370292 BUT the labels don't have two "Made in Gt Britain" credits on each side, but do have the "The Gramophone Company Limited" below Side 1 and Side 2 with "EMI Records Ltd" in the top rim text.

My A/3 B/2 and A/3 B/3 which both have their original blue tint sleeves and these have a black and white sticker and not the lighter sticker. After listening to both there’s small things that are more distinct in the quad mix as to the regular stereo mix. I have the first edition A2 / B2 (solid light blue prism), but I need to complete it with posters and stickers, so I was thinking of getting them from the reissue, which are cheaper. The Dark Side of the Moon 50th anniversary box, the Live at Wembley 1974 release and the 160-page book will all be released on 24 March 2023. The early copies although near black have a slight blue tint which can be seen under a strong light and are sealed on the left side of the gatefold sleeve.The plus for the 2016 cut then is present in certain areas where its EQ has better effect, such as the clocks on Time. One of the main drawbacks for the reissue really was that slight harshness I felt and while the higher end EQ choices have been favoring for other PF reissue such as on WYWH where I actually favor the Grundman cut over the UK original for sounding more real and less bloaty, here it mostly has the opposite effect. You can definitely tell the differences between this mix and the traditional stereo, especially regarding where voices/instruments are placed in the soundstage.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment