276°
Posted 20 hours ago

4711 Original Eau de Cologne Splash - 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The only problem I have with it is that the opening reminds me of laundry bleach when first sprayed on my skin. Created in 1792 by Wilhelm Muelhens, 4711 was a blend of citrus oils and herbs, not very different in style from other 18th century citrus mixtures.

It's funny how I never clocked it as citrusy when I was a child, but I recently smelled Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino and it smelled exactly like 4711, which I had not smelled in years. Being the first cologne created, and as a bonus, was very affordable, wanted this as part of my collection. this is definitely a classic and a must have for collectors in their archive ( but it isn't a necessity hehe, did I just contradict myself?

After around half an hour, on my skin it develops some skanky note (the good type) that feel familiar to fragrances with civet notes, like Civet from Zoologist. I live in a place where 35 to 39C(102F) is very common with humidity levels upto 75% to 80% is normal. The lavender, rosemary, and INTENSE citrus becomes too much, there is not subtlety in this fragrance and for the 20 minutes it stays on your skin it delivers a sickly amount of freshness.

Most bottles, I'm sure, were a birthday or Christmas present, not a personal choice, but had to be used up nonetheless. On top it's all citruses with petitgrain at the bottom to extend that smell; there's also some linen-like neroli to make it smell even cleaner. It is wonderful, truly great, to be close to a medieval church, have this amazing 4711 scenting the air, and drink Frueh Koelsch beer which is a light version of beer and very refreshing. Original Eau de Cologne," a fragrant symphony born in 1792, captures the essence of Mediterranean respite on the hottest of days.The hand-wipe sachets in restaurants would be limon kolonyasi, and sometimes there’d be a man with a bottle of it at the ready for an after-lunch clean-up. This calendar was supposed to include, amongst other things, the house numbers which had recently been assigned.

My first lucky dip selection, at age five, netted me my first bottle of perfume – Elizabeth Arden’s Blue Grass. using this in your scent dispenser could also be an interesting idea as well as cleaning products in case you make your own at home.These newer scents are all more potent, more expensive, and more readily relevant for our contemporary use/trends/needs. I keep my fingernails very short because I play the piano and type a lot, so my nails benefit greatly from the decorative touch of nail colour. In 1811, the continuous house numbering was changed to a system of numbering streets separately, as is common today. I once cooked a three course meal with all dishes having flowers as ingredients, a “folie” to amuse friends really but your idea never occurred to me! The smell (to me: opens with fruit tingles, dries down to a vaguely pleasant lemon peel) isn't really the point, but the act of applying it, the ritual of anointing or whatever.

According to the above source, Amer, your sip of Tosca would have scented your breath with citrus oils, soft aldehydes, patchouli, ylang ylang, amber and sandalwood! I understand perfectly from whence Acqua di Parma took inspiration for their original Colonia - yes, AdP’s effort is richer and has more ‘body. You describe it very well, thank you for listing the notes, and it has a real dry-down doesn’t it, it doesn’t vanish from skin leaving no trace like some other colognes. The words “Christian Dior” were revealed underneath the picture of the flower on the top, and “Miss Dior” under the swirling pattern on the side.When it came to fragrances 4711 and Tosca was all I knew and I'm pretty sure that holds true for most women in my family.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment