276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen, 83¼ Years Old

£7.5£15.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They are not all genteel by any means, and some have quite "direct" language, but nothing offensive except to those pernickety old residents who deserved to be offended! In doing so, he developed a reputation of being an octogenarian in the mold of Elena Ferrante, even though no one still knows if he is a man, woman, or even an octogenarian.

Hendrik Groen - Penguin Books UK Hendrik Groen - Penguin Books UK

Grietje de Boer, a lovely lady, who is friendly and sympathetic without fawning, and Graeme Gorter who appears insecure and introverted but always tells it to you straight. Hendrick Groen was the listed name of the author while the cover had the carelessly sketched picture of an elderly man. Hendrik lives in a care home in Amsterdam, and his book gives a lively look at a year in his life from his own perspective. When this book was published the author was anonymous which may well have had something to do with the criticisms of how the Dutch elderly are treated. No matter how old, people need friends they can relate to and occupations which are worthwhile and enjoyable.In the book Hendrik and his friends take matters into their own hands and form the Not Dead Yet Club. He also reinforces the notion that the elderly deserve a great amount of respect and empathy; something that seems to be missing today. To make the days less monotonous, and to make something of what life they have left, Hendrik and a few of his friends set up the 'old-but-not-dead club' aka 'The Rebel Club'.

Hendrik Groen - Wikipedia Hendrik Groen - Wikipedia

Ovo je beskonačno tužna knjiga, posebno jer imam iskustvo bliskih ljudi koji umiru teško i dugo, a medicinski radnici ih otpisuju jer su 'stari' i 'vreme im je'. Seeing the world through his eyes - and the perspective of his closest friends - The Old But Not Dead Club - was a very humorous undertaking.This book is uplifting, moving and funny and can be enjoyed either in large chunks, or because of the diary format, read over a longer period of time. In the latter part of the book, there are some simple yet really moving moments between Hendrik and Eefje that left me with a lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes. They are the other members of The Old but Not Dead Club, an exclusive club where they plan days out and intend to not let old age get in the way of having a good time. The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen, 83 ¼ Years Old), published in the UK in 2015 and in the US in 2016. Toen Pogingen iets van het leven te maken in 2016 de Publieksprijs voor het Nederlandse Boek won, haalde De Smet de prijs dan ook niet persoonlijk op.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment