276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sena 50S Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication System with Mesh 2.0 Intercom, Dual Pack

£231.975£463.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 50C conveniently offers both Mesh and Bluetooth Intercom platforms, allowing users to connect with any Sena headset for rider-to-rider communication. Mesh Intercom provides robust, reliable connections and flexible intercom message routing with significant enhancements to Sena’s Mesh algorithm. Mesh offers unprecedented intercom audio quality and houses two Mesh settings, Multi-Channel Open Mesh Intercom™ and Group Mesh Intercom™. This gives riders the advantage of separating the module from the clamp, increasing the convenience when it comes to charging and storage. When the 50R is OFF, press and hold the Centre Button and (+) for three seconds, the alternating Red/Blue flashing sequence appears indicating pairing mode. Put your mobile device in BT pairing mode (if needed) and select Sena 50R when it appears. When connected via Mesh, users have said there are no issues with the GPS cutting in, and the conversation continues afterwards with no interruption; however, if music is playing too via the Bluetooth, once the GPS has given directions, the headset switches just to Bluetooth and disconnects from Mesh. n the twisties or up/down hills, individual link distances can drop off slightly, but Mesh 2.0’s much-improved multi-path/best-path approach mitigates many issues experienced with Mesh version 1; Mesh 2.0 is just plain better.

Minor bug fix with intercom audio not being heard after enabling the Audio Overlay Volume Management setting when listening to music while using Mesh Intercom It also boasts of a number of models that are designed to work well with other Bluetooth modules, making it a great buy for large riding groups. No, the Sena 50R is not waterproof and does not have an Ingress Protection (IP) rating. It is water-resistant as marketed by the manufacturer. Helping prevent water from entering the device to some extent.

Buttons are easy to find and navigate once you have the instruction manual down and know where to find everything, but the best way to use the 50S is via Voice Command, which has a vast array of features. The Sena 50S is slightly more expensive than the Sena 50R, with a slightly bigger battery and the jog dial to increase the ease with which riders can shift between menus and make changes while on the move. x set of Sena HD speakers with individual keyed micro-connectors and hook half of hook-n-loop pads preinstalled Visual battery status routine – after initial boot-up LED flashes, a Red LED flashes four, three or two times correlating to High, Medium, or Low battery status. While in use, if the battery status is low, the ‘Low Battery’ voice announcement is heard

Audio quality is a critical factor that depends on the purpose you intend to use the Bluetooth headset for. If your main purpose is to communicate with fellow riders, then a basic speaker with decent audio quality will be enough. This allowed me to perceive speech and sounds in my environment clearly. It also helped me communicate in gas stations and stores without having to take my helmet off. Sena 50R Review On the other hand, Cardo models work very well when all the riders in a group have models from this brand only. It offers better audio quality and has waterproof models that make it more durable and rugged in adverse weather conditions. Note that when using Mesh between two people (for instance as a rider and pillion) you can press the button to leave the conversation, but unlike with Bluetooth, the other person won’t be able to initiate a conversation again until you reconnect. Reconnecting also gives the voice instructions “Mesh intercom on, open Mesh, channel one”, so this is a full disconnect, rather than simply muting the conversation.

Installation and Mounting

For installation and testing uniformity, another Schuberth C3 Pro, also in the Echo colourway, is the first host for the Sena 50S. There are three intercom modes available to users, ‘Open’ Mesh mode, ‘Private Group’ Mesh, and Bluetooth Intercom.

I have a lot invested in these systems and do not have resources to go to another system or I would. I’d never recommend Sena systems to anyone. WHile they work, they are great and the 50Rs work great until they do not. Now they do not. I get a low battery report after having used it an hour. REALLY! Unfortunately, function and performance-wise, the jury has been out for years regarding my experience with Sena’s Voice Command feature and the jury is still out regarding more recent testing with the 50R and 50S. Using Mesh 2.0 is an even more positive experience than it was with the original version, with better range, no loss of signal, clear concise audio and absolutely no noise. Average link distances with 2 to 3 riders of 1.0 to 1.4km (0.6 to 0.8mi) isn’t an issue over relatively flat uncluttered terrain.

Sure enough, with May-Day here and in connecting the Sena Momentum EVO helmet to its WiFi Adapter, the WiFi sync and charging LEDs came on as expected and, about two minutes later the middle (Firmware) LED indicated there was an update waiting. The 50R is built to be compact and low profile, more for the Adventure rider who is off-road and out in all weathers. The R is intended to be mounted to the helmet directly with adhesive pads, whereas the S comes with a universal clamp mounting system.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment