essie® first base® smoothes and protects nails while adhesion-promoting ingredients help bond polish to the nail surface to resist chipping.

essie forever yummy eternally gorgeous, positively delicious creamy tango red...">
276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Essie Original High Shine And High Coverage Nail Polish Hot Creamy Red, Shade 57 Forever Yummy 13.5 Ml

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

style>

essie® first base® smoothes and protects nails while adhesion-promoting ingredients help bond polish to the nail surface to resist chipping.

essie forever yummy eternally gorgeous, positively delicious creamy tango red lacquer is always ready for action. appetites will run wild in this hot red polish.

Some of the red nail polishes essie still makes are shown below, along with two “vintage” or discontinued shades. Essie takes you on a spring time tour of one of the world’s most famous parks, with the spring 2003 Central park collection. Explore the unique landscapes as you enter her enchanted turf… and share her adventure in spring colors.” -Essie 2 Feb. 2003 [ https://web.archive.org/web/20030202120628/http://www.essie.com:80/whatsnew/index.php?sub=collections] (retrieved on 23 Oct. 2021) This shade should still be available everywhere: ‘Russian roulette’. Essie calls Russian roulette ‘a fiery, exciting classic bright red cream polish with subtle orange undertones‘. To me, Russian roulette looks like a neutral bright red with a bit of orange. The formula is not as creamy as Fifth avenue but more a jelly, it is, therefore, a bit less opaque. However, it was still very nice to apply. On my shorter nails, I needed two coats for full opacity, but on longer nails, you probably need three. This shade did stain my nails after I removed it, so doubling up on basecoat would be a good idea! In case you are wondering about Russian Roulette’s original collection: Russian roulette is apparently so old that I couldn’t even find the collection! It was probably released early 90’s or late 80’s. It’s quite a list actually! And spoiler alert: some shades are extremely close, and you don’t need them all! Considering I’m living in Europe, some of these shades were quite challenging to find, but I’m happy to report that I now own all of these shades. I’ve swatched most of these shades below, but I will be updating this post over the next coming weeks with the shades that I haven’t swatched yet! You can immediately skip to the comparison if you don’t want to see the individual swatches! Essie Handmade with love Essie Handmade with loveEssie Fifth avenue is described in Essie’s description as a ‘red-orange’. In the bottle, I definitely agreed. But on my nails, it is a lot redder. It’s definitely a warmer shade of red, but it is not super orange. I’m super impressed by its formula. At one super easy coat Fifth avenue is almost opaque, but I did two in the pictures. Comparisons Looking for the best essie red nail polish? Below are swatches of classic essie reds, like forever yummy and more.

We include out of production colors in our line-up because we have them. It’s good to remember at times that there are nice things that did come out of the past and some of these things are still floating around. Essie calls ‘Aperitif’ an ‘ appetizing creamy red polish‘. I had no clue what to expect. They don’t mention anything about undertones, or whether it is a dark or lighter shade of red. Now that I have actually seen this shade and worn it, I can tell you that it is a slightly cooler toned red creme, that covers in two coats. It is a bit darker than Russian Roulette and Really red, but not a lot. The shade was opaque in two coats, but it also has a jelly formula, so if you have longer nails you might have to use three. The shade was originally released around the year 2000 in a drink-themed collection. Based on the number this color used to have in the US (362), I estimate that this color is from the Winter 1999 collection, which is indeed the drink-themed collection called ‘The Essie Vineyard’. Other shades in the collection all had drink-inspired names such as Cognac and Vermouth. Mod square (an electric pink creme, was originally named Mod squad, originally released in the Spring 2006 collection, but still available in the US) Lady like (soft mauve creme, this color always get requested often during comparisons, very popular)

Preview

full size polishes from Essie’s normal range that are normally only available in the US (at least that’s what Essie claims). Essie Geranium is clearly the most orange from all of these shades. Lacquered up is a red with a bit of orange. While Russian roulette also contains a tiny bit of orange, it is slightly cooler toned and darker than Lacquered up, but the difference is really subtle. Essie Not Red-y for Bed is very cool-toned and contains the most pink. Comparison of Essie Russian roulette vs Essie Really red vs Essie Aperitif vs Essie Forever yummy

Essie Geranium belonged to the first 130 Essie colors ever produced, and is still part of the permanent collection in the US. To me, that says everything you need to know about this shade! It’s a true classic that will look great on (almost everyone). Sadly, it got discontinued in Europe, but it was shortly available as part of Essie’s Advent calendar for 2022. I was able to find out that the following red cremes are part of Essie’s core collection (without counting the Gel couture and Expressie shades): I pulled out the shades that I thought would be close to fifth avenue. OPI ‘Emmy have you seen oscar?’ is the closest, but has a jelly formula. OPI Art walk in Suzi’s shoes is a bit darker and Essie Forever Yummy is a lot darker. Essie Toy to the world vs Essie Fifth avenue vs Essie Color binge vs OPI Short-stop Essie calls ‘Forever yummy’ a creamy tango red lacquer. I must admit that before I was researching Essie’s red shades for this review, I was never really paying attention to Forever yummy. I never really noticed this shade to be honest. Forever yummy is indeed a creme polish, and it is darker and cooler-toned than Aperitif and Russian roulette. Where Aperitif and Russian roulette had a more jelly formula, Forever yummy is definitely a creme. I know that Essie often includes it in Essie Christmas mini sets, and to be honest, Forever yummy is indeed a great Christmas red but I would be able to wear it any time of year. It is opaque in two coats on my nails and probably also for longer nails. Just a fun fact: Essie Forever yummy was originally released as ‘Forever young’ for fall 2008, this might explain the fact why I had never heard of Forever yummy! While researching this shade, I found out that Essie discontinued Fifth Avenue in the US! If you really want to own this shade, it might be time to plan a trip to Europe! I posted a complete review post of Fifth Avenue over here. Essie Lacquered upThere seems to be a red nail color for any season, occasion or mood and since every brand has a signature red, often a suite of them, there are a lot to choose from.

essie is no exception to this and they offer a wide variety of red shades to choose from, some still in production and others that went out of print years ago.Getting groovy (metallic palladium gold, used to be part of the Christmas 2016 limited edition in Europe but was discontinued, I have swatches over here. Apparently in the US, this is part of Essie’s permanent line) Hi maintenance (A sheer pale pink, originally from the Spring 2008 collection, stayed around in the US, but was never released in the drugstore line of Essie in Europe) Below you can see the English version of the box. It appears that this calendar has little doors that you have to open. The English version of the advent calendar 2021 ‘Welcome to the Essie winter market’ What’s inside the Essie Advent Calendar 2021? (SPOILERS!) With the holiday season around the corner, I always feel attracted to red nail polish. There were 11 Essie red cremes in my drugstore’s Essie display, and then I’m not even counting the reds in the Gel couture and Expressie displays! I decided that it was time to do the ultimate Essie red creme comparison. At home, I was able to find out that there are even more red cremes in Essie’s core collection! The core collection differs a bit between North America and Europe, but they are mostly the same. It also differs a bit between stores. I just pulled out the shades I thought were the closest and were the most difficult to tell apart. Reds are always super difficult to compare, so I hope you can forgive me if the comparisons are not 100 percent clear. Essie handmade with love compared to Essie Fifth avenue, Essie Geranium and Essie Lacquered up

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment